My Illegal Love Story

Finally Free..I think

*Part 32
After a day of rest at the hospital I finally was aloud to go ‘home’. I packed up my flowers and clothes and threw them into my suit case with my sister’s help.
“So...Hows Adam feel about you fainting and all..?” She asked as she pilled all my cards and flowers into a crate.
“I haven’t told him...I will when I get back to America.”
Offcourse I couldn’t tell her the truth...I mean, what would I say,
“Yeah, there’s nothing to worry about Nat...He’s only in his late thirties with two kids, a mansion and a sports car...and did I mention he’s a rock star as well?”
Yeah...that’d end nicely.
“So, what are you going to do for two weeks?” I asked as I threw my suitcase over my shoulder and grabbed my handbag.
“Just chill with friends...not all of us have boyfriends in other countries.” She giggly said as she flung open my hospital room door and helped me out to the hall.
As I pressed the elevator button I felt my cell phone vibrate,
“Christina, turn it off.” Nat screeched as she nudged me with her bony elbow.
“Ok, ok.” I whispered back as I dived into my handbag to switch it off. I rummaged through the crap at the bottom and suddenly felt the silk ease of the velvet box carrying my first ever engagement ring.
“Hurry up.” My sister murmured as the elevator beeped and we piled in.
I quickly pulled out my phone and read the screen-
13 missed calls, 7 messages.
Nausea quickly entered my body...and no, it wasn’t work of the pregnancy.
Slowly but surely I flipped up my screen to see who the mystery call was.
“BILLIE.” I unknowingly screamed as I read the name on my screen. Luckily it was only my sister and I in the elevator,
“Who’s Billie?” she confusingly asked as she looked down at my phone.
“No one...just an old friend.” I assuredly said as I turned my back to her and began to listen to the messages he left.
Weirdly enough they were all just silent, either he didn’t realise it was recording or he didn’t know what to say...I’m guessing it was the second option.
“And what did Billie have to say?” Nat asked as she walked out of the hospital doors and towards my her badly parked car.
“Not much.” I quickly changed the subject to avoided conflict.
“Can you drop me off at the airport?” I sweetly asked while throwing my suitcase in the back of her bomb car,
“Oh yeah, don’t worry I booked you flight last night like you asked.”
“Thanks Nat.”
“Oh yeah...I called you work and school and they both know you’ll be away for another couple of weeks.”
I was so happy...I was clear for work, school and I was about to go back to the love of my life...well so it seemed.
*** (at the airport)
“Ok, no tears...just hugs.” my sister sobbingly said as she plunged over the front seat and embraced me to the point of near suffocation.
“Call me when you get there, ok?”
“Don’t worry...I will.” I drearily said as I gave her one more squeeze, jumped out of the seat and quickly ran to the back of the car and pulled out my suit case.
“Love you.” Nat screamed out the window as she quickly reversed and forwarded onto the free way.
I couldn’t believe it...I was free.

*** (on the plane)
Well, the airport was a breeze; there were no lines, no rushing people and no sniffer dogs smelling my fanny for drugs!
After a quick trip to the loo and small refreshments, I finally dozed off for like the first time in nearly two days...at least that’s what I thought I was doing...until my phone started buzzing. I quickly jumped up and ran into the bathroom to take the call (Plane toilets are very useful for many things...I should know)
“Hello.” I whispered as I turned around and locked the tiny door behind me.
“Hey baby.” I heard Tre’s voice sweetly say.
“I’m coming home.”
“WHAT?” he ecstatically yelled at the top of his voice.
“Yeah, look...ill be there in like 10 hours, can you pick me up?” I happily asked while grooming my hair in the tiny bathroom mirror.
“Yeah, offcourse.”
“All right, I have to go...but I’ll call you an hour before we land...miss you.” Before he could answer I pressed the red button on the phone and shoved it into my pocket...the morning sickness couldn’t wait.
As I wiped my mouth with toilet paper and flushed the water down, I watched the essence of my baby go to...I wasn’t ready to be a mum. I was barely lea gal age to have sex...let alone have a child. The worst part was the uncertainly of the father...I wanted it to be Tré, but Billie’s face kept popping up in my brain. As I sat on the hard closed seat of the toilet I remember a certain piece of jewellery...my ring. Excitedly I ran out of the loo and to my hand luggage on my seat. Quickly I searched for the red velvet box and brought it to the surface. I slowly opened the lid and revealed the absolutely stunning ring. I gradually slipped it onto my finger and held my hand in the distance...I was definitely NOT free.