My Illegal Love Story

A Bit Of Reminiscing

I quickly turned to face the green-eyed man that I had missed for so long.
“W-w-what are you doing here.” I stuttered to him as I tried to subtly hide my left hand behind my back.
“Don’t bother hiding it sweetie, I’ve already seen It.” he quietly said with half a smile.
“I was going to tell you but...” he put his finger over my lip and began to speak.
“Look, you’ve made up your mind...I get that, I’m just here to pick to up.” He sadly said as he bent down and picked up my luggage.
“What about Tre?”
“He’s hanging the balloons for your engagement party.” he sadly stuttered as he threw my bag over his shoulder and made his way to the exit.
From the time he picked me up, till the time he dropped me off there was nothing but awkward silence between us. Apart from constant side-ward glances and beginnings of words...we were numb.
As he pulled up at the front of Tre’s mansion I felt a certain sense of emptiness...i didn’t feel at home.
“Here we are... ‘The Haunted Mansion’.” He jokingly said as he put the car into park and paused to look to me.
“Look Christina, if it was up to me you would be wearing my ring right now, but I have a wife and two kids to look after...this cant happen anymore.” he huskily said as he jumped out of the car and made is way to the trunk. Slowly but surely I followed him and began to help him unload the car.
“Leave it.” He snapped to me as I tried to bend down to assist with my bags.
“Tre wouldn’t want you to break a nail.” He snapped to me as he basically threw the designer luggage on the side walk.
I just stood still; Billie had never talked to me like this
“Don’t make this about you Billie, I get your upset but don’t talk to me like that. You know I’m not like them...”
Before I could finish my sentence I felt a subtle movement behind my back.
“Hey Christina.” I heard 80’s innocent voice squeak while I turned to face her open arms. As I lent into her warm embrace I could feel Billie’s burning stares.
“Have a safe flight?”
“Um yeh...wasn’t too bad.” I shrilled back as she quickly grabbed my hand and pushed me towards the house.
“Brittney’s inside...we are dieing to hear about everything.” she said as she lead me up the pathway hand in hand. I quickly turned my head back to Billie’s disappoint face and watched him unload the car in depression...my fairy tale was turning into a nightmare.

As I walked through the front door I was completely blown away with the layout of the house. The floor was covered in rose petals, the walls plastered in pictures of Tré and I and I couldn’t forget the ceiling being covered in blood red helium balloons.
“WELCOME HOME.” Everyone yelled as I saw all the familiar faces I had missed...except for one.
“Where’s Tre?” I nervously asked as I searched the room with my eyes.
“Look up.” Mike exclaimed as everyone turned their focus to the top of the stairwell.
I looked up and saw something more pleasing then anything materialistic...Tre.
“Welcome home baby.” he sweetly said as he made his way down the stairs in his nicely ironed tux accompanied by beautiful red rose. He slowly but surely made his way over to me.
“Long time no see.” He giggled as he grabbed my hips and pulled me towards him.
“Miss me?” he whispered in my ear as he unleased me and moved back.
“More then anything.” I tittered as I glanced to the door way where Billie was standing. I quickly looked back to my fiancé who was weirdly enough on one knee.
“Can I ask you something Christina?” he shyly said as he dove into his side pocket.
“Um...Tre, haven’t we already done this?” I nervously said as I tried to pull him back to his feet.
“I want everyone to see how serious we are baby. Despite our ups and downs we have managed to pass everything and start a life together...and I’m not going let anyone mistake this for a bit of fun.” As I looked down at his hand I saw a very familiar red box.
“Tre, I already have one.” I quietly said to save embarrassment.
“That’s where 80 came in handy...literately.”
As I looked down at my left hand I saw weirdly naked skin.
“W-w-where’s my ring.” I stuttered as I looked down at the crimson red box. Tré quickly flipped open the lid to reveal my previous engagement ring.
“Will you marry me again?” He giggled as he held his breath for an answer. Before i could say anything I turned my head back to where Billie was standing...unfortunately he was missing...and so was my heart.
“Offcourse I will.” I giggle back to him while trying to hold back my negative conscience.
“This calls for a toast.” Tre yelled as he picked up the already open bottle of champagne and poured everyone a glass.
“Some bubbly for my lovely bride?” he asked as he poured the champagne into my flute.
“I’m fine thanks.” I shyly said while holding my impregnated stomach.
“Ha...what are you pregnant?” Mike giggled as he threw his arm around me...I just stood still.
“YOU’RE PREGNANT?” Tre yelled with excitement at the top of his voice. Once again I felt a subtle movement behind me...Billie.