My Illegal Love Story

Lying is not the most fun a girl can have!

*Part 4
15th April
I take a very deep breath and forward into the dinning room where my parents and my sister (Nat) are sitting. As I Take a seat on the only lounge chair left, I begin to hum the ‘Our father’ hymn (God loving church music) in a very innocent tone hoping someone will notice.
“What the fuck are you singing Steen?” Nat yells in my ear.
By the way Steen is my nick name (last part of my name with out the ‘A’ sound)
“You know the hymn we used to sing in church all the time.” I reply slyly.
“And since when are interested in God,” my dad suspiciously asks
“Is it a crime to praise our lord, father,” I giggle back
“Ok, spit it out, what do you want Christina,” my mum mumbles while trying to sleep off her most recent hang over.
“Well, there just happens to be church camp on the 18th and I just want to get my vocals in tune.” I nervously reply
“And when were you planning to tell us about it.” My dad snaps at me.
“Well ,I’m telling you now…its only for two weeks and only cost two hundred dollars which is including transport from school,” I quickly answer back.
“Do you have a note from school? You know that mum and dad have to sign or something.” Nat asks suspiciously.
“Um…I have to pee.” I reply and quickly get up and run to my room. As I sit on my bed trying to think of a solution, I realise that this particular mission is a two man job; I get up and run back out side.
“Oh my god Nat, I think they are playing Parkway Drive on the radio,” I smartly yell to her. Knowing that my very Emo sister would cringe at the fact that the radio was playing ‘her’ music, I knew that she would definitely react and run to her room which was right beside mine. Just as she gets to her door, I grab her and practically drag her into my room.
“What the hell are you doing,” she screams in my ear as I let her free.
“I need a really, really big favour from you.” I reply
“What is it…hurry up my shows are on,” she yells at me.
“I need you to cover for me for two weeks,” I nervously reply.
“What…hell no Steen, last time I snuck out I got caught, what makes you think you can, I am not taking the blame for you,” she smirked back and began to walk out the door.
“Please Nat, look I really need this, I have to see some one,” I sadly answer back.
“Ohhh…I knew there was no God camp, Go on, tell me who he is.” Nat giggly replies.
You see, Nat knows me better then I know my self; she is three years older and ten times wiser.
“Jazz’s dad is letting her use his holiday house in Sydney and she wants me to go with her.” I whisper to her so my parents didn’t hear my very big lie.
“Since when has Jaz started talking to her dad?” Nat suspiciously asks.
“Since… now, please Nat, I have covered you so many times and this is all I ask in return…please.” I beg her wile I kneel on my knees.
Nat took a while to answer, she even considered coming with me, but after nearly an hour of convincing she agrees.
“I’ll drop you at the air port and you have to promise to call me and keep in touch…alright?” Nat says using her very parental tone.
“I promise you, Thank you so much” I reply and jumped on her back in excitement.
Although I am getting deeper and deeper in lies I don’t care, I am going to see Tre, and nothing is going to stop me. I give Nat instructions to tell my parents and convince them that she has signed the note in a rush and that she will cover the cost( it would be part of my Christmas present).Seeing as Nat usually sweet talks her way out of anything I have complete trust in her, I know she will deliver.

I wake up the next morning, counting down the hours before I will see Mr.Cool, Exactly 48 hours I count and I slowly watch as the clock goes down by minutes. As the total of hours drop to 44 I know I have one more task left up my sleeve…WORK. I quickly put on my Ramones t-shirt and skinny’s and make my way for Subway .As I walk through the door of my manager catches me.
“Nice of you to join us Christina, where were you last week, you missed two shifts.” He unpleasantly asks me.
“Oh…sorry it was my birthday…I wont do it again.” I nervously answer back.
“You’re not on today.” he suspiciously tells me.
“Um…I came to ask you if I could have a couple of weeks off...it’s just a school camp thing,” I fearfully reply.
“Yeah… sure it’s your loss not mine, just cross off the dates and I’ll organise someone for you...your hanging by a string young lady,” He spitefully tells me.
“Thanks…I leave on the first day of school…ill be in touch.” I yell and quickly run out the door. When I get home I go into my room and start to back my luggage. If all else fails I think I could have a very promising career in luggage packing as I surprisingly fitted my whole ward robe in two suit cases.
As I cross off all of the things on my to-do list I finally come to the last one, telling Jaz that I will be leaving her for two weeks. This isn’t going to be easy as the longest we have been away from each other was three days. I speedily run to the gate and make my journey next door to tell my best friend I am leaving her.
To my surprise she was outside already, just sitting not speaking or laughing just sitting there.
“Hey Jazzy, what’s up.” I happily ask her
“Oh…hey Steen, not much just chilling.” she reply’s while waking up from her session of staring into space.
“Ok… I’m just going to say it…I’m leaving for two weeks to see a rock star in California with little money and little confidence.” I blurt out to her.
“Shit, you do get around you slut,” she giggles back
“So, you’re ok about it?” I ask her
“Yeah…as long as you use protection and save as many brain cells as you can…I’m cool with it.” she happily reply’s
“Oh...yeah and I kind of told Nat I was in Sydney in your dad’s ‘beach house’ so just try and stay inside if possible .” I chuckle back to her.
As I leave her house I finally feel free, I have everything and everyone under control, apart from the lies and the soon to be drama’s I know this holiday would FUCKING ROCK.