My Illegal Love Story

Roses and Cardboard

*part 6
Slowly but surely we arrive at California airport. It is was such a pity because for the first time in 2 days the screaming baby beside me had shut up and the old man had a sudden flow of diarrhoea, it was quiet, peaceful and sleep worthy...unfortunately we had just landed, so my sleeping time was delayed. I quickly get up when we touched ground; I was excited, nervous and very queasy, however that soon turned too being petrified as I came closer and closer to the air port.
As I made my way through the terminal and towards the baggage collection place, I quickly realised that I hadn’t talked to Tre for over 2 days; how do I know if he even remembered to pick me up?, I quickly rummage through my bag for my phone and dial his number,
“Hey, you have reached Tre’s phone...I can’t come to the phone right now but if you leave a message I will get back to ya, Peace out!”
Great...just great, now I’m stuck with no ride, no money and no place to stay, this was turning out to be the best holiday. On the brinks of crying I slowly drag my feet the conveyable where my luggage was hopefully waiting for me. As my luggage slowly comes out of the tunnel I follow it with my eyes and gradually pick it up. As I turn to make my way the escalator, I see a line of limousine drivers standing on the side of the room. As I have never been in an airport this site was definitely something new for me. I got closer to the men and I saw that they each were holding a piece of white cardboard with writing on it. However one man stood out to me, he was holding a pink piece of cardboard in one hand and a red rose in the other. Being the stick beak that I am, I walked up to the mysterious driver and spoke my mind,
“Hi, um...Why do you have different to the others?” I asked in a sweet tone.
“Oh...well. I’m just following instructions, I’m guessing ‘Christina’ is in high demand” he nicely said back.
I slowly looked down at the card he was holding and saw the name ‘Christina’ written in black whit love hearts around it.
“No way, that’s weird my name is Christina” I told him suspiciously.
“Really young lady? I would say it was you, however I have a feeling this lady is much older then you’re self” the driver answered back is a kind of baby voice.
I just nodded at him and I gradually turned and walked away. Seeing as I had no place to stay I sat down in the corner of the back place and waited. After a while I slowly started to think about the limousine driver, I mean how many Christina’s are flying to California in search of there rock star crush, actually come to think of it ,knowing Tre he probably did tell that man to hold a rose and draw my name with hearts.
After at least 20 minutes of thinking, I quickly got up and made my way back to where the driver was standing, if it wasn’t me he wouldn’t be there and my mind would be put at ease.
As I got to the place where the line of drivers where standing, I saw that compared to the number of drivers before there was only 2 men left, still standing but looking extremely drained,
“Hey, do you remember me.” I said to the limousine driver that I talked to before.
“Yes I do ma’am, Christina if I recall correctly.” he sweetly answered.
“That’s the one; anyway, I just want to know if you know when ‘Christina’ is due to arrive.”
“Well you see, the only instructions I got were that she was Australian, blonde and medium height.” as the driver finished his list he slowly looked me up and down and got a very distressed look in his eye.
“Oh, Miss Christina, I am so sorry, I didn’t realise...I just thought you were trying to steal my rose.” the driver aka Alfred said to me in a giggly tone.
Alfred quickly handed me the rose and then bent down and began to wheel my luggage towards the exit of the airport. As he packed my luggage in the stylish black limousine, he swiftly opened the door and helped me into the stretch limo. I sat in the middle of the big seat located at the back of the limo and waited for Alfred to fire up the vehicle. As he got in, we got onto the conversation of Tre and I,
“Oh, I’m so sorry miss, it’s nearly 9 o’clock, I believe you were expected at 5.” he said in an apologetic tone.
“That’s fine, you didn’t know...so... where are you taking me?”
“Well, I believe Mr.Cool’s house ma’am.” Alfred answered back to me.
“Great, how far is that?” I sweetly asked.
“Around about 30 minutes, miss.” he said while turning down the radio, I knew this meant...questions.
“I know this is none of my business...but are you a relative of him.” he nervously asked.
“well...actually I guess you could call me his girl friend...we actually haven’t seen each other for around 4 months, so this is very exciting for me.” I quickly informed the driver.
“I don’t mean to be rude...but how old are you?” He asked me
“I’m 18”I slowly replied back
“Wow...you’re very young.”
“I know, but I love him...I follow my heart not my head.” I laughed back to him.
After 20 minutes of talking to Alfred, we finally came to Tre’s house. It was a huge mansion .it had kind of an exotic feel to it and was a kind of orangey colour.
“Before I leave ma’am, here’s my card...valid for a free ride” the driver said as he handed me his business card.
“Thanks” I answered back. I slowly picked up my luggage and wheeled it towards the front door of the mansion. I am crazy for doing this...but it’s all in the name of love...actually...lust.