Leaving You to Be Forever Seventeen Cleaning up the Messes That You've Made

I Can Feel The Pressure, It's Getting Closer Now.

(2 days later, Stephanies apartment.)

"Why did you wait this long to tell me?" Stephanie, Michelle's older sister asked. "Your sure you're pregnant?"
"Yeah." Michelle said. "I don't know what I'm going to do."
"What do you mean, so you're not going to have it?"
"Of course I'm going to have it."
They were quiet for a couple of minutes. "Sorry." Stephanie finally said.
"For what?"
"For you being pregnant."
"Oh, thanks." Michelle said sarcastically.
"Are you going to tell mom and dad?"
"Well, yeah. I was thinking about telling them today."
"With or without Alex?"
"With him."
Stephanie sighed. "I feel nervous for you."
"Yeah...." Michelle got up from a couch. "I guess I'll head back home now. And call Alex on my way."
"Do you want me to come with you?"
"No, it's okay."
"Okay, well call me later I guess."
"Bye." Michelle left the apartment.

&&&&&&&&

"Are you ready?" Alex asked Michelle, before they walked into the kitchen of Michelle's house, where her mother and father were.
Michelle sighed, and walked through the kitchen door.
"Hey, sweetie." Julie, her mother said. "Hey Alex."
"Hi." Alex smiled.
"Where were you all day?" Michelles father Ron asked, sitting at the kitchen table. "Uhm, around. But anyways.."
"Oh, honey, a letter came for you today in the mail, from the hospital, is everything okay?" Her mom asked.
"Can we talk to you?" Michelle said, without asking her mother's question.
"The both of you?" Her father looked confused.
"Yeah." Michelle said, standing against the wall next to Alex.
"What is it?" her mother looked worried.
"Uhm..."
"Well first of all, we don't want you to freak out or anything.."Alex started. "But-"
"You're not getting married are you?" Ron asked.
"Uhh.." Michelle looked at Alex.
"I knew it." Her mother said.
"No, mom thats not it!" Michelle yelled. "Will you please let us talk?"
Everyone was quiet.
"Mom, Dad, I'm....." Michelle starred at the expressions on her parents faces, as if they knew what she was about to say. She took another deep breath. "I'm pregnant." and looked down at her feet.
"Excuse me?" Ron said right away. "Is this supposed to be a joke or something?"
"Why would we joke about something like this, sir?" Alex finally said.
"Don't call me sir, as a matter of fact, don't even speak to me!" Ron stood up from the kitchen chair.
"Ron." Julie said, calmly.
"What?! Do you expect me to be okay with this?" He shouted loudly.

"Dad, it's not that big of a deal.." Michelle said quietly.
Her father laughed at her statement. "Are you serious? You don't think it's that big of a deal? You're a child! And you're not ready to have one." He shook with anger.
"I'm sure we can-" Alex was cut off by Ron.
"I though I told you not to talk to me? Huh? I want you out of my house, now!" Ron made Alex move out of the way of the doorway.
"Dad!" Michelle yelled at him. "Can't we just talk about this?!"
"Come on, Alex." Ron said.

Alex looked at Michelle and sighed, as Michelle had hurt in her eyes. "I'm sorry." he said. "I don't want him to get even more mad."
Michelle felt tears form in her eyes as she and her mother followed Alex out of the kitchen, and into the living room.
"I'm sorry. I understand you're mad but this will pass." Alex said, looking at Ron.
"Oh,"Ron laughed. "I'm afraid thats not good enough." He opened the front door. "Goodbye, Alex."
Alex turned to look at Michelle. "I love you."
She forced a smile on her face. "I love you, too. Call me later?"
Alex nodded his head 'Yes'.

After Alex walked out of the door, Ron slammed it shut.
"Ron, honey, I wish you would have taken that a little better than you did.." Julie said.
"Taken it better? Julie, our seventeen year old daughter is pregnant, aren't you worried?!"
"Of course I'm worried, Ron."
"Uhm, hello? I'm standing right here." Michelle said.
"I don't want to hear a word from you, young lady." Ron said.
"Oh, first you didn't want to hear a word from Alex, and now me? What the hell is wrong with you?!" Michelle yelled.
"Get away from me." Her father said. "Ever since you have been with Alex, you've seriously changed. I don't want you talking to him."
"What?! Dad, I'm having his baby!"
"Go to your room, now!"

Michelle stormed out of the room.
"Ron, she's going to have to talk to him, she is having his baby." Julie said as Michelle left the room.
"I know, but I just don't want her talking to him for now.."
Julie sighed. "Well shes going to have to sooner or later."
"Why aren't you as upset as I am right now? You should be."
"I found the pregnancy tests in her bathroom trashcan as I changed it."
"What? And you didn't say anything?"
"Well, no. I wanted her to tell us."
"You could have told me." Ron was getting mad again. "I'm sick and tired of everyone keeping secrets around here." He picked up his car keys.
"Where are you going?"
"Out." Ron slammed the front door.

Julie sighed, again, and walked out of the living room, and up the stairs, to talk to her heartbroken daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave comments?
(:
You'll make me smile.