Hollywood Hills and Suburban Thrills

Rated R For a Reason

Image
Banner by c.r.o.n.i.c. I'm in love. All over again. Thank you!

_______________________________________________________________________

"Happy birthday to you," everyone in the building sang as a huge cake (no really, it was bigger than me) was wheeled out and placed in front of where I sat at a table. It was three huge layers, the bottom layer bearing twenty glowing candles. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Dani," at that moment the top layer of the cake popped off and Will was standing there, his hair matted down with frosting and a smile on his face. "Happy birthday to you!" he sang at the top of his lungs.

I flushed and busied myself with blowing out my candles, trying not to watch him as he licked the icing off of his fingers. Somehow, he managed to get out of the cake, but not without getting icing all over himself. And of course, the first thing he did once he was on solid ground was give me a bear hug, getting the white frosting all over my face, dress, and in my hair. I stared at him in astonishment once he put me down, but when he kissed me sweetly on the cheek, I knew I wouldn't be able to stay mad at him.

"I can't believe you got white, sticky stuff all over me, Will," I say in disgust as I tried vainly to wipe it off my arms and face. Brendon stood behind Will, an immature smile on his face.

"That's what she said!" he sings, keeling over in laughter at his own dumb joke. Will tried to stifle his laughter, but failed.

"So you're that girl that says all the dirty things?" Will asks, wrapping his arms around my waist before I could get to Urie, who was still in hysterics. "I've always wanted to meet you." He whispers under my ear. My anger at Brendon turned to putty and I almost went limp in his arms.

"I'm serious though," I tried to complain but the way his nose kept bumping my ear was throwing me off. "I can't stay here when I'm all sticky and gross."

He shrugged behind me. "Then let's leave. My rental car is outside." He suggests. I looked at him and nodded with a smile and a second later, he was dragging me toward the back of the bar by hand.

We got outside but when I saw his car, I stopped. "I'm not about to get frosting all over that car." I state, pointing a finger at his silver Lexus, but he wasn't fazed at all because he picked me up in his arms and placed me in the passenger seat, buckling my seat belt for me and when I wouldn't stop fidgeting, he placed a kiss on my mouth, and I was motionless at once. He gave a victorious grin before getting in the driver's seat and started the car, pulling out of the alley way and listening as I gave him directions to my dad's house.

"That's seriously his house?" he asks in a baffled voice as the car came to a halt outside the doors of my dad's place.

"Yeah, I asked the same thing when I first got here." I reply sarcastically as I climbed out of the car. He was behind me instantly and once we got inside, his mouth was ajar and he was rotating as he walked deeper into the house, staring around at the ceiling, walls, floors, furniture, and everything else in the rooms around him. "If you keep your mouth open like that, a fly might accidently end up in there." I tease as I walked past him, heading to my bedroom and more importantly, my shower. "You can use the bathroom down the hall."

"How is that fair?" Will grumbles, following into my room and enwrapping me in his arms right before I went into my bathroom. "I'm a guest here. I should have things my way."

I gave him a doubtful side glance before wriggling out of his grasp and walking forward, into the bathroom. "Your shower is up the hall and to the left." I smirk at his baffled face before closing the door and locking it.

I peeled my frosting-encrusted dress off, trying to keep the dried and flaky sugar from sticking in the carpet rugs that were placed on the floor in front of the shower. Once I was finally free, I grabbed the towels from a near by rack and placed them on the countertop, turning on the hot water and then waiting. From down the hall, over the pattering of water on the tile and the gurgling it made as it ran down the drain, I could hear Will singing a song I didn’t know.

"I'll never let you go. Don't ever forget. You and me together. Forever young." For a moment, the pitter patter of the shower blurred out of my hearing and I could only focus on his voice. I would've stayed there forever, listening to him, if I didn't realize that the frosting in my hair was becoming more and more cemented on my scalp and I remembered that he, Will, would be out of the shower soon and I didn't want to keep him waiting alone in this stranger house.

I jumped in the hot water, relishing it as it ran down my body and washed away the sticky dessert covering. The flakes of sugar brushed off my skin easily, making the water cloudy as it washed down the drain at my feet. It was the stuff in my hair that was difficult to get out. I emptied half a bottle of shampoo and was still scrubbing away. After scratching at my scalp for over ten minutes, I stopped, my head aching.

"Damn you, Slim." I murmur to myself, touching my head gingerly and rinsing the suds out.

"Sorry about that," I swore and jumped, whirling around, sending beads of water flying into the wall, to see Will's silhouette on the other side of the shower curtain, leaning against the counter by the sick, and from what I could tell, he had his arms crossed. I could hear the smirk in his voice. Damn the faulty locking mechanism on that door. It couldn't have picked a better night to not work.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to get this stuff out of my hair, Skinny?" I ask, grabbing the ends of my hair and tugging on them, trying to comb the frosting out. Will chuckled outside the shower.

"It came out of my hair fairly easily, love."

I rolled my eyes as I stopped pulling, looking at his outline through the fabric between us. "That's because you have much less hair than I do, Lamppost."

He pushed out of his leaning position on the counter and was now standing less than a foot away from the curtain, his fingertips trailing down it slowly and I could see the outline of a towel around his waist. I gulped, my hands fumbling and causing me to drop the small bottle of shampoo that I had been pouring into my hair.

He chuckled at the sound. "You must be tetchy right now what with all the nicknames you're using." His voice was low and devious, like he was planning something. "Maybe I can make it up to you?"

"Oh, really? How do you intend on doing that?" I contest, turning my focus back to the ends of my hair to distract myself from his shadow which was now moving to the end of the shower and stopping there. My heartbeat was at an unhealthy rate, throbbing rapidly somewhere in my trachea. I had to swallow a couple times to keep my breathing under control.

I turned away from his shadow, grabbing another shampoo bottle from the rack the hung under the shower head, twirling the cap off and pouring more of it into my hair. But as I was putting the bottle back, another set of hands appeared on my head and I froze, eyes wide and breathing pattern broken. I felt like I was about to hyperventilate.

"Calm down, Dani." Will laughs, almost purrs, placing a kiss on my cheek from behind me as his hands continued to scrub away at the sticky mess on my head. "Just keep still. I don't want to pull your hair out."

But I wasn't worried about my hair now. My face felt suddenly very hot and I had to squeeze my eyes shut, willing my heart to slow down already. Every muscle of my being was rigid, my hands in tight fists, causing my nails to dig agonizingly into my palms. I wondered if that was blood dripping from my knuckles rather than water, but I didn't dare open my eyes and check.

I was being immature. Nakedness is a normal thing. Hell, people are born naked, are they not? But here I was, with my boyfriend (of only a month at the time, but I tried not to think about that), freaking out.

There were a myriad of thoughts running through my head. Was I ready for this? Was he ready for this? Is he drunk right now? Am I drunk right now? I think I remember reading somewhere that an overdose of adrenaline can lead to drunken actions. Maybe that's what's going on here; it's just an adrenaline rush. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not thinking rationally right now because I'm drunk on hormones and adrenal gland chemicals.

And as the thoughts rushed through my mind, Will was still there, washing away the frosting with his light and quiet hands. Every time his fingers would brush the skin on my neck or ear or back, I would twitch, my eyes squeezing so tight that my temples were beginning to ache. And then, his hands weren't touching my hair anymore, but I could still feel him behind me, so I didn't move an inch.

And then, his hands were on my waist and his lips were on my neck. I couldn't stop my reaction—I sighed and leaned my head back on his shoulder, my eyes still closed by not near as desperately. The butterflies in my guts were getting restless.

"Dani?" Will whispered his lips on my collarbone now. I hummed inquisitively. "I don't want to pressure you into anything you don't want. If I'm crossing any boundaries, please, tell me."

His hands trailed across my slick abdomen and I shuddered as his lips attached to my neck again. And then, I surprised myself when I turned in his arms so that I was facing him. He was looking at me, his brown eyes burning but at the same time, they were just as placid and loving as they had been when I had first seen them.

And then, I was kissing him and he had a hand on the back of my neck, holding me close to him, while both of my hands were tangled in his hair. He had somehow maneuvered me to the opposite end of the shower, pinning me between the cold wall of the shower and himself. And when the water suddenly stopped running, I pulled away from him in surprise. He was breathing heavily—we both were.

I smirked at him and stepped out of the shower, grabbing a towel off the counter and wrapping it around my torso. Will was out of the shower soon after, but instead of grabbing a towel, he scooped me up in his arms, causing me to let out a yelp of surprise, and carried me to my bedroom.

The lights were out, the only source of illumination being the moon that was glowing through my bedroom window, turning the white carpet on the floor of my room into a sickly pale grey color. But I couldn't focus very long on the squares of moonlight on my floor because in that next moment, I was on my bed and Will was hovering over me, his lips suddenly on mine.

My arms rested lazily on his neck and across his shoulders while I felt his hand trailing up and down my towel-covered side, and when he slipped two fingers under the towel under my arm, I had to force down a gasp. He caught on to the suppressed reaction, much to my dismay, and pulled away from me, moving both of his hands away from the trunk of my body so that they were cupping his face. "Dani, are you alright? Do you want to--…"

"No," I cut him off. "This is what I want. You're what I want." I pulled his head closer until our foreheads were touching. His breath was hot on my face and as I stared into his eyes, they flickered from my lips and back. But when I saw a shimmer of doubt in his eyes, I acted quickly, attacking the skin of his throat with my lips and pulling groan from him.

And then we were both under the blankets of my bed and the towel that had been around me was cast carelessly onto the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was an awful chapter. It's okay, you don't have to bullshit me. :]
Only one more chapter. *sniffle*

Comments? They make me smile really big. :D (Like that.)

And I hope everyone is having a great holiday season.