Hollywood Hills and Suburban Thrills

Going Home

Image
My first and second banners ever for this story are Tori. She's beyond amazing. Check out her stories. They blow my mind.

Image
Tori. again. :]

Image
Kelso is probably one of the most random persons I've met both online and offline. You should read her stories. They're better than mine.

Image
Tori. again. Muah ha ha!

Image
The next two banners are by my gay lover Shelli. She's, for lack of a better word, radtastic. But she threatens people (coughmecough) a lot.

Image
Shelli again. :]

Image
kinda.crazy, AKA Erin. Thank you so very much!

Image
This banner is by probably the biggest fan of this story Kirsten. She's amazing and so are her stories. Go read them!

Image
Tori. AGAIN. Haha

Image
kinda.crazy, AKA Erin. Grazie!

Image
Tori, I swear to God, if you ever make me another banner...XD

Image
Banner by BurgosCheese. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Image
Tori. How many more can you make, girl?!

Image
Banner by KadieKarma, AKA Kadie. Thank you, so much.

ImagemiserableXatXbest66
Banner by miserableXatXbest66. She's from 'Zilla, and I LOVE this banner.

Image
c.r.o.n.i.c, AKA Leaa. Thank you. So much.

Image
Okay, Tori. You're done! X]

Image
So are you Shelli.

Thank you all for commenting, making banners, and for just reading. You're amazing. All of you.

_______________________________________

The sun shown brightly through the same window that the moon had the previous night the next morning. It was almost noon and neither I nor Will had moved from my bed. We were both entwined in the sheets and each other. My eyes were closed and I was on the brink of falling asleep again, but I could feel Will's eyes on me as he traced the features of my face gently with the very tips of his fingers. They would move from my closed eyelids to my nose, across my cheek to my jaw and down to my lips, lingering there a moment longer than anywhere else.

I took a deep breath in my semi-subconscious state. My bedding smelled like Will's cologne and it made my already bleary mind that much hazier. His breath cascaded across my face in slow intervals. With one hand resting below his collarbone, I could feel his chest rising and falling as he lungs worked, his heart beating slowly beneath my palm. It was relaxing and I found the world around me begin to smear.

"Dani, are you sleeping?" I heard Will ask just as I was beginning to drift off.

"Not anymore," I reply with a smile and I peeled my eyes open slowly, ignoring the pain the sunlight caused my pupils. All I could see was Will smirking back to me.

"Good morning," he leaned closer, touching my nose with his. I glanced over his bare shoulder to see the clock on the night stand beside the bed.

"Good afternoon," I corrected with a grin. He turned his head to look at the clock and gave one soft chuckled.

"Touche." He says softly, pulling me to him and placing a kiss on my mouth. "Did you sleep well?"

I stretched, allowing Will to pull me across the sheets and closer to him while my muscles extended and contracted, aching at first but then trailing behind a refreshing feeling, like breathing after holding your breath under water for a while. "The best sleep I've had in a while," I answered.

I could only imagine what this scene would probably look like from an outsider's point of view. Well, obviously Will and I had slept together, but if someone were to walk in (which would conclude the demand for better locks in this house), they would probably wonder why the hell there was only one towel on the floor and not a bunch of clothes scattered everywhere. I could only imagine what my hair looked like at that moment. After a night of not only sleeping on it wet but also having someone continually run their hands through it, it probably didn't look that appealing.

"Dani?" Will broke the silence when he appeared above me, brushing a piece of my hair out of my face. I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "What happens now?"

I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"I mean what happens with us now? I'm going back to Chicago tomorrow. Are you still staying in New York City?"

He looked prepared for the worse. His eyes seemed unfocused and distant, like he was trying to spotlight on something cheerful to keep the looming disappoint out of his head. His jaw was set, his mouth set in a determined frown. I had to admit, he had caught me off guard. With the events of last night, and I don't just mean the sex: re-meeting my father, my birthday, the surprise appearance of Will in New York; I was at a loss of how to respond to his question.

I quickly started debating, thinking about the pros and cons of staying in New York City at this point. But as I thought about, I realized there wasn't anything keeping me in New York now. The one thing that had driven me here was to see if Will would either follow or if I would go back to him in the end. It was obvious to me now what I want to do—what I need to do—in order to be happy.

Will's face was set in stone as I made my choice and when I opened my mouth to respond, I saw him straighten up, waiting for the blow.

"I'm coming back to Chicago with you." I say slowly and deliberately.

His reaction was in slow motion. At first, his cold expression cracked into one of utter shock, like he had been slapped in the face. From there, his face melted into pure bliss, and then, he was kissing me, muttering ecstatic phrases into my skin and making me giggling as his breath tickled my flesh.

"You have no idea how happy you just made me," he moved from my face to my neck, placing kisses up and down my pulse point, making my heart rate quicken.

I pushed him off playfully. "I'm going to try not to make your last statement into a double entendre and go take a shower." I grabbed the same towel as last night off the floor and wrapped it around me, walking into the bathroom.

I turned on the water and waited for it to warm up, hearing someone pad across the tile floor and wrap their arms around me from behind. "Mind if I join?" Will whispers to the nook under my hear, the irony clear in his voice.

"Is there any way I can stop you if I were to say no?" I challenge, giving him a condescending stare.

He puckered his lips as his chin rested on my shoulder. He then replies, "Nope," and I roll my eyes, dropping my towel and stepping into the steaming water, pulling him in by the back of the neck.

____________________________________________

"You were only here for a day and you're already going back to Chicago? You're one fickle girl, Dani." My dad laughs as he loaded my luggage into Will's car. Jude, who had been absent the last twenty-four hours, was bouncing in the lawn, chasing his tail and yipping happily.

"I know, Dad, but I'll come visit sometime now that I know you've got such a nice place." I grinned wryly and my dad rolled his eyes.

"Good to know you like me for my house," he wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "I'll miss you, sweetheart."

I hugged back twice as tight. "I'll miss you too, dad."

He placed a kiss on my temple and then released me, quickly and at an attempt to be inconspicuous wiping away a tear at the corner of his eye as he slammed the car door shut.
"Jude, c'mon boy." I knelt down, arms wide, as Jude galloped across the grass, jumping on me. I scooped him up and walked to the car, thanking Will as he opened the passenger seat for me and I plopped Jude into it, watching him scurry into the backseat and stare out the window.

"Ready?" Will asks, putting his hands on my hips, mine automatically landing around his neck.

"More than ever," I answer, smiling as he kissed me softly. I broke away quickly, however, when I heard a loud whistle sound from the front doors of my dad's house. I turned to see Maxwell giving me a faux stern look that turned to a warm smile in the next moment. I waved at him. "You're lucky that wasn't my dad."

"What? Doesn't he trust me?" Will jokes as I sat down in the passenger seat allowing him to buckle my seat belt for me. It was just an excuse of his to be close to me.

"It's not that he doesn't trust you. I don't think he trusts me." I twitched my eyebrows at Will, making him laugh.

"Let's go home." He says finally, placing another small kiss on my mouth before shutting my door and making his way to his side of the car.

I sighed in sheer elation, melting into the seat. "Finally." I whisper to myself
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. That banner parade was ridiculous.
But here's a fun fact: those banners are in the order in which I received them. Awesome, yeah?

Well, another story put to rest. Thank you for reading, and I guess this is goodbye until I start posting my other story.

Adieu.