Scared?

Chapter Two

It was a Sunday afternoon and the sun was high in the sky. I had been longing to go for a walk all day. Bob hadn’t wanted to go earlier and he still didn’t want to now; but I managed to twist his arm. I loved going down to the park, it was so peaceful and generally just calming.

I had met my true love here- Bob. From an early age I had wanted to fall in love with a man in a park- love at first sight I suppose. He had just stood there for ages, sometimes swishing his hair out of his eye, just looking around at the lake and the wildlife. All I had wanted to do was make the first move; but me being me, I was too shy to.

Bob must have caught me staring at least 10 times. I had seen him around here before and occasionally we would exchange smiles. Only this day was different. When I saw him swish his hair for the tenth time and he caught me staring for the tenth time, he moved and walked over to me. Red wasn’t the word, I was like a beetroot. We sat down and actually spoke for the first time.

Words had floated in one ear and out the other; his voice was like an angel. I kept getting lost in his words along with his baby blue eyes. Exploring everything about him. Remembering that afternoon was like it had happened yesterday. Nothing would have been more perfect that day. Sky was calm and blue, I had met the man of my dreams and I was in the place that we both loved the most.

Snapping out of my daze was hard, as I didn’t want to lose the memories. Bob was staring at me and I saw a sparkle in his eyes. We started laughing and wrapped our arms around each other. What have I done to deserve someone like him? There was a silence after the laughter, but I didn’t care about that. Silence was good. You can lose yourself in thoughts and take in the feelings you are feeling about the man who is wrapped around your shoulders.

A phone rang and broke the silence. It was Bob’s phone. Work had been a problem lately as they were always short staffed. Getting calls at four in the morning and we were never hardly spending time together. However, when we spent time together, it was always memorable. Being the kind man he was, Bob said sorry a thousand times before walking away to his job. Watching him walk away left loneliness in my heart. I hated being away from him, I wanted to spend every waking minute with him- but life doesn’t always go your way.