In Your Eyes

In Your Eyes

My breath caught in my throat as the realization of what had happened sunk in. I held her close to me and rested my head on her chest. She ran her thin fingers through my hair, combing out all of the knots from the rapid movement from only moments before. I could feel her breathe, her chest heaving up, down, up, down. I wanted to stay like this forever.

Until she spoke.

"Bert, I need to get going."

I held onto her tighter, not wanting her to go.

"You can stay though. You can stay with me."

"No, Bert. I need to go." Her voice was stern, causing my heart to ache a bit. I looked up at her, into her fiery brown eyes, melting me from the inside out.

"But I want you to stay," I rubbed her leg. It was so smooth to the touch. "We can sleep, then get up later and grab dinner or something."

"I can't. I have work."

If only the sun would recede back down.

"But you work everyday. You can just spend the day with me, can't you?" I lifted myself above her, resting on my elbows and kissing her on the collarbone. She laughed gently from my hair brushing against her face. I looked up at her, her eyes still burning holes through me. Those eyes would be the end of me.

"No." She spoke simply. Such a simple word cut so deeply.

She slid out from underneath the white sheet, and me and pulled the curtains open to reveal the city below. Her silhouette stood in the blinding light, casting long naked shadows on the charcoal walls.

She slid into her jeans and shirt, and I just watched, silently. Unaware of what to say anymore. She glided over to the dresser, her brown hair moving with her as she walked.

I longed for her to come back to me. To stay with me, and just lay here and make love for the rest of the day.

But she did no such thing.

She kissed me softly, making my heart stop working, the room stop spinning. She barely pulled away, our faces barely touching, and I felt like I'd break right there.

"Please..." I pleaded.
She just sighed heavily, and grabbed her bag from the chair next to the window.

She walked over to the bedroom door, and twisted the knob.

"Noelle, from the bottom of..."

She turned around quickly, those eyes focused on me intently.

I couldn't tell her I loved her, and she walked out of my life forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it.

ana xxox