Hostage

Chapter 3: Calm Down?

Chapter 3: Calm Down?

I pulled my seemingly heavy body from the couch. I staggered through the hall, headed towards my room.. I really need to think this over. What happened? Wasn't he the one banging on the door?

I flipped the switch and walked to my wardrobe.. I pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a 'My Chemical Romance' t-shirt, and changed. 'My Chem was my favorite band, they had pulled me through so much. After switching clothes I felt more relaxed. As relaxed as a person could feel after practically being stalked, that is.. I plopped down on the bed. Ha, plopped is a funny word..Sighing heavily, I pulled the black comforter around me.. Comfort was exactly what I needed. Not bothering to brush my teeth or wash my face, I tried to sleep.

I was too scared and tired to go to the bathroom. My parents weren't home, I wonder why.. It made the house feel lonely and creepy. Not that they would comfort me or anything but it's too quiet right now.. I decided to make a little noise. I rolled over and switched on my television..

There was a crappy cartoon on, but it was better then nothing.. Just then the tv screen went to something that I like to call snow. You know when the tv fuzzes and it looks like snow and it makes that annoying noise? That's what happened.. I tried turning on another channel but nothing happened, just more snow.. Then I changed the channel again, and something different happened. It was a plain black screen, but that wasn't what I was paying attention to.

The sound coming from the tv was what got my attention. It was that same scary humming. I couldn't believe my ears! What was up with this guy? Why was he so determined to get to me.. Even after the police had come..

I jumped up and turned the tv off. At least I tried to, I must have flicked the switch twenty times, I just wouldn't go off!! I tried changing the channel, anything to get away from that horrible sound.. I broke out in cold sweat, and chills ran up my spine. I turned the light back on and rounded the back of the tv.. I went to pull the plug when I realized, it wasn't in the socket.. It was lying on the ground! I remembered that I cleaned my room earlier that day and had taken it out so I could vacuum under it..

What was it running on? This was impossible! I felt like fainting again, so I sat on my bed to calm myself down.. I looked at my bed and wondered, was this just a dream? Some horrible, terrifying dream? I pinched myself hopefully, nope..

I got up and looked at the tv again. It was still humming and it still had the black screen.. Wait, I could see something on it.. What was it? It looked like writing..

It said. Hannah. Wait, Hannah was my name!