Hostage

Chapter 4: It Wasn't

Chapter 4: It Wasn't

Ok. Ok, Hannah. Calm down. There has to be a reasonable explanation for all of this...
Let's think, ummm.. Argh! How is this happening?!

I ran down the stairs quickly, I wanted out of that room. How did the TV suddenly know my name? Did it have something to do with the man who was stalking me? If it did, how did he make that happen? The TV wasn't even plugged in! Fuck! As the thoughts ran through my head I started to feel that familiar chill run up my spine.. I was scared.

Usually, I didn't mind being scared..I watched all kinds of horror movies, I even laughed while watching 'The Ring'! But this was different, I was in real danger. Not some fairytale that someone wrote for people to enjoy in the movie theater.. Or maybe, just maybe, I was being paranoid. Paranoia was one of my few specialties..

Maybe, my eyes just saw my name on the television screen. Maybe because of my complete horror, my eyes played tricks on me.. Or maybe it really was there and the supernatural was coming for me! Ah, I have to stop thinking now..

I entered the kitchen, my guard up.. Looking around I saw the familiar and comforting, old fashioned style.. Older looking cabinets and a gas stove. No fucking electric stoves.. A small microwave and a plain white refrigerator. The kitchen was the only room in the house that I liked, besides my room.. The yellowing tiles were peeling from the corners, and the flowered wallpaper made a border around the fridge and the stove..

A little table sat in the corner, it's legs barely holding it up anymore. I pulled a chair with a fluffy cushion up to it and sat.. I pulled my i-pod from the pocket of my pants, carefully, as to not drop it again.. I've dropped it several times through the three years I've had it.. I even dropped it in the bathtub. Somehow, my a miracle, it still worked..

I put the headphones in my ears and switched it onto 'shuffle songs'. It surprised me by playing one of my favorite songs...

He calls the mansion not a house but a tomb.
He's always choking from the stench and the fume.
The wedding party all collapsed in the room.
So send my resignation to the bride and the groom.
Let's go down!
This elevator only goes up to ten.
He's not around.
He's always looking at men
Down by the pool.
He doesn't have many friends.
As they are
Face down and bloated snap a shot with the lens.

If you marry me,
Would you bury me?
Would you carry me to the end?

(So say goodbye) to the vows you take
(And say goodbye) to the life you make
(And say goodbye) to the heart you break
And all the cyanide you drank.

She keeps a picture of the body she lends.
Got nasty blisters from the money she spends.
She's got a life of her own and it shows by the Benz
She drives at 90 by the Barbies and Kens.
If you ever say never too late.
I'll forget all the diamonds you ate.
Lost in coma and covered in cake.
Increase the medication.
Share the vows at the wake.
(Kiss the bride)

If you marry me,
Would you bury me?
Would you carry me to the end?

(So say goodbye) to the vows you take
(And say goodbye) to the life you make
(And say goodbye) to the heart you break
And all the cyanide you drank.

(And say goodbye) to the last parade
(And walk away) from the choice you made
(And say goodnight) to the heart you break
And all the cyanide you drank.

(So say goodbye) to the vows you take
(And say goodbye) to the life you make
(And say goodbye) to the heart you break
And all the cyanide you drank.

(And say goodbye) to the last parade
(And walk away) from the choice you made
(And say goodnight) to the heart you break
And all the cyanide you drank.

To the last parade
When the parties fade
And the choice you made
To the End.


It was 'To The End' by My Chemical Romance.. They were my favorite band in the whole world and nothing could change that. They had gotten me through so much, and now they would get me through this lonely night.. Not many people liked the oldest songs that MCR has played. I loved them..

I started to worry again. What if the music blocked me from hearing something that could be important? I paused the song right before the last verse.. Just as I was pausing it, I heard a strange noise.. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT? I pressed play on my i-pod, trying to see if the noise was the song.. Guess what? It wasn't.