Status: Finished.

I'm Not One for Love Songs

Chapter Sixteen

3 months later

Kyira sighed as she dug her spoon into the Haagen-Dazs Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream, scooping up another pile of it before gracefully shoving it in her mouth. Sat on the couch with her feet tucked under her petite body, she watched Australia's Next Top Model re-runs whilst gorging on the sugary cold treat. It was a Friday night in November and our heroine has a cold. She had been at work all day with the cold and to make it worse, her loving boyfriend was away on tour for another week.

Her eyes flickered to the clock hanging on the wall. It read 6:30pm and over in England where Gabe was currently touring it was 11:30pm. She could call him now because he was off stage and should have showered.

Grinning, Kyira picked up her cell phone from the arm of the couch and hit 1, the speed dial for Gabe's phone. She pressed it to her ear anxiously, excitement filling her stomach as she waited to hear his voice.

"Hello?"
The voice, however, was not Gabe's but a breathy giggling one of a female. And it was certainly not Vicky-T.

"Uh...is Gabe there?" Kyira asked, confused.

"He's kind of busy right now." That sentence was followed by a giggle and before Kyira could say anything else, another voice spoke. It was muffled slightly due to it's owners' distance from the phone but she could tell who it was.

"Hey baby, I'm not finished with you." It was Gabe.

The girl giggled again and then all Kyira could hear was the dial tone.

With tears in her eyes, she looked at her phone as if it had grown a head and told her the meaning of life, before hastily dialing another number. The number of another person on tour who could confirm Kyira's fears. Because it was the last date in England they would be partying which meant they would be drinking and Ryland is a looselipped drunk.

"Hellooooooo Ryland's whore house, hehe, what's your pleasure darling?"
He was also an entertaining and stupid drunk.

"Ryland sweetie, could you do me a favour?" Kyira asked.

"Aw sure, anything for Kyiry-Werie! What'd ya want me to do?"

"Can you tell me exactly what Gabe is doing?"

"That's easy! He's back at the hotel with the blonde we saw five clubs back! I remember her, she had huge boobs!"

Hearing her fears confirmed, Kyira let the tears come.

"Th-Thanks Ry. I've got to go, bye."

"By Kay-Kay!"

Tears streaming down her face, Kyira sobbed, her ice cream forgotten. She wallowed in her pity party for a while, until the tears could no longer come. Then she just lay there numb, not moving and not making a sound. That was how Stuart and Katy found her, face down on the sofa with her arms over her head, not moving at all except with the rise and fall of her chest from her breathing.

"Kyira? Kyira darling, what are you doing?" Stuart asked, approaching her cautiously unsure of what to do. He looked at Katy and she just shrugged and shook her head. So he sat down next to Kyira, gently placing his hand on her shoulder. Katy perched herself on the arm of the couch and watched with worried eyes.

"Ky, what's wrong?" She asked, her voice soft and quiet. Kyira sniffled a bit, lifting her head and looked at her friend. Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot, her cheeks were blotchy and her fringe was messed around her head from the position her face had been in and the tears that had pooled on the couch beneath her.

"Gabe...he...blonde...big boobs...hotel. Ryland said so!" On the last three words she burst into tears again, burying her face in her arms. Stuart and Katy looked at each other, alarm before Stuart cleared his throat.

"I think she's saying 'Gabe met a blonde with big boobs and took her back to their hotel. And that Ryland confirmed it'." Stuart explained to Katy. She gasped before falling onto her friend, wrapping her in a tight embrace.

"Oh Kyira, I'm so sorry!" She cried. Stuart joined in, hugging Kyira too.

As they hugged her, Kyira's tears stopped. She was past the misery stage, having been there all night and was now angry. She was angry at Gabe and angry that she had let herself get hurt by him again. So she decided she would move on quickly. She would be proactive and not mope around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who said the happiness couldn't last?
You were right! :]
Comments for an update
x