Status: Finished.

I'm Not One for Love Songs

Chapter Eighteen

When Kyira finally woke up, it was around four in the morning and Gabe was dozing on a chair in the corner of the room. The sound of her movement woke him up but all he saw was a blur as she ran straight into the adjoining bathroom to empty her stomach. Gabe blinked a couple of times before jumping out of his chair and following her.

He pulled her hair, which had fallen out of the messy ponytail, back out of her way and soothingly rubbed her back as she 'prayed to the porcelain god'. He cooed and shushed her, all the while rubbing her back, and placed a light kiss apon her messy blonde head.

She groaned, finished throwing up, and rested her head on the cool counter door next to her. Her breathing was deep as her body relaxed.

Gabe waited patiently for her to calm down completely before speaking up.

"Senorita, we need to talk." He sighed. Kyira stiffened at his words and slowly turned her face around to look at him. The accusation in her eyes was enough to make him flinch but he stood his ground firmly.

"No Gabriel. You don't get to say those words; not after what you did. That's supposed to be my job." She glared at him, angered by his sheer audacity.

"Babygirl, please listen to me. I can explain." He pleaded. Kyira was too tired and too achey to argue so she just closed her eyes and leaned back, preparing for his speech and excuses.

"That night, the band and I went to party. It was our last official concert in England and we wanted to let loose so we went to some clubs and bars near by, getting completely pissed off our heads. At one club I remember being so out of it I stopped being cautious and...my drink got spiked. I didn't realise it until I woke up and by then I had slept with that girl. It turns out she was some barely legal, obsessed fan who wanted to have bragging rights of saying she slept with a band dude and I was her unlucky target. The next morning she was gone, leaving a note saying next time we were touring that way to call her. I was absolutely disgusted and packed up my bags to leave. Everyone else was too drunk the night before to remember my exit with her and Ryland had passed out in Nate and Alex's room so he didn't notice anything." Once Gabe was finished they sat there in silence.

As the seconds ticked by, Gabe's hope melted a little bit. Kyira was just still. Then she spoke.

"Gabe...I'm sorry that happened to you but...I just...don't know. You had a flight the next day so drinking that much was just stupid but, even if you were drugged hearing that slut answer your phone and hearing you beg her to come back to bed was horrible. It really hurt me deep baby." Kyira whimpered a little, her eyes shining and her lips wobbling in a pout.

Gabe panicked at her reaction and pulled her into his embrace as she came to pieces. Tears cascaded down her eyes for the first time since she had heard the girl on his phone. Her body shaked violently with the strength of her breakdown.

So the just sat there in that bathroom, holding each other as if they would be parted for eternity if they let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler.
Sorry.
But that's cause I still ain't got that star.
One people, that's all I ask for!
x