Status: Finished.

I'm Not One for Love Songs

Chapter Twenty-Five

It was Christmas morning and Gabe awoke on the couch, which they had nodded off on, not to the sound of excited squealing or being shaken, but to the sound of Kyira throwing up in the bathroom down the hall.

Rubbing his face tiredly, he swallowed once before jumping to his feet and stumbling out of the room, down the hall and into the large bathroom.

”Baby, are you alright?” He mumbled, sleep hazing his tone. He stretched before crouching down and placing the back of his hand gently on Kyira’s forehead. Kyira was leaning sat with her head on the side of the bathtub.

She lifted her arm up and pressed the flush button before answering.

”I’m fine. Did I wake you up?” Her eyes opened to reveal her blue eyes and Gabe smiled a little.

”Yeah but don’t worry. I needed to get up. It’s Christmas!” He cried. Kyira’s lips spread into a wide grin.

”It sure is. Let’s go open presents! We still have to get ready and phone everyone before we go to my dad’s for Christmas lunch.” A few days ago Kyira’s father had called and said he’d moved back to Baltimore to be closer to everyone. He’d invited Kyira and her sister Alexa over for Christmas dinner and this meant that Gabe would meet him for the first time.

”We best hurry then. We have a long drive.” Gabe smiled.

Gabe helped Kyira up before they both brushed their teeth. Kyira brushed her tangles away, leaving her straight hair slightly wavy this morning before leaving the bathroom and entering the kitchen where Gabe was making breakfast.

”What do you want Angelito? Are you okay now, do you want something to eat?” He asked, sipping from a glass of Orange Juice and passing Kyira her own unsurely. She gratefully took it and sipped from it two.

”I feel fine now but I’ll just have some toast, just in case.” She smiled, finishing the drink. Gabe smiled back before popping some bread in the toaster.

They ate their breakfast quickly before rushing into the front room to open presents.

Gabe had once again indulged and bought his sweetheart literally everything she had even talked about wanting or liking.
The new Fall Out Boy CD, iTunes vouchers, a charm bracelet from Tiffany’s, a new iPhone and some diamond earrings. He’d also given her chocolates and lingerie, which Kyira blushed over and Gabe chuckled.

Kyira had bought Gabe his favourite aftershave, a new pair of purple, yellow and black Nike Dunks, iTunes vouchers and seasons one, two and three of House on DVD.

”Oh my gosh I LOVE you!” He’d squealed upon opening the Nike Dunks. He literally threw himself at Kyira before smothering her in kisses and insisting on putting them on straight away even though he was only dressed in boxers and socks.

He then carefully and loving clipped the bracelet on Kyira’s delicate wrist before kissing her hand and gently hugging her.

”I love you.” He whispered, his voice soft, sweet and emotional. Kyira’s eyes teared up a little.

”I love you too.”
-------------------

After putting her iPhone on charge, Kyira and Gabe got dressed and ready to leave the house.

Gabe was right; the drive to Baltimore was long. So long in fact that Kyira fell asleep. It took them 3 hours and 45 minutes and they arrived at 1:45 in the afternoon, which was lucky because dinner wasn’t until 4:00.

When they did get there, Kyira knocked and the door was opened to reveal her younger sister Alexa.

”AliMari!” Kyira squealed.

”KayKay!” Alexa screamed before they both embraced each other.

”What’s all this screaming? Did you finally realise how sexy I am and just had to let all that lust and amazement out?” The cocky and joking voice could only belong to one person.

”Sweets! You got cockier!” Kyira grinned, pulling away from her sister. Alexa rolled her eyes.

”I don’t think that’s possible.” She grinned. Alex grimaced, nudging her with his hip playfully before grinning. Kyira pulled Gabe into the house before closing the door.

”Hey man.” He greeted Alex, doing one of those strange man hugs that no-one really understands.

”Sup.” Alex smiled. Gabe then hugged Alexa before grasping Kyira’s hand.

”We have huge news.” Kyira beamed. Alexa’s eyes widened as did Alex’s.

”You did NOT get her eggo preggo, did you?” Alex gasped. Alexa cracked up at the term but her eyes questioned the same thing. Gabe and Kyria both choked and gasped to explain.

”No! Nothing like that. Seriously. And Alex, I think it’s time for you to stop watching Juno.” Kyira chuckled nervously.

”HEY! It happens to be a very comical film thank you very much.” Alex pouted. Everyone laughed.

”Do I hear my baby girl giggling away in there?” A deep, friendly voice called out.

”Daddy!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha Alex.
For you Alexa, have a great weekend.
And thanks for the spoilers!!

Comments for updates.
And yes that IS fair. So don't complain.
I could always not update so yeah. Rant over.
Love you guys majorly and thanks to all the commenters from the last chapter.