Status: Finished.

I'm Not One for Love Songs

Chapter Four

"So Angelito, tell me about yourself. I want to know everything." Gabe grinned dazedly. He was currently sat opposite Kyira in a small café, staring into her ocean blue eyes. They seemed to sparkle in the light from the setting sun in the window next to them. And her hair looked like gold, shimmering and dazzling him. He couldn't take his eyes off of her.
Kyira was in a similar position. Gabe's dark hazel eyes were so mysterious, so beautiful, that she couldn't help but lose herself in their depths. His body was just as good, skinny but toned, and he was so very tall. Another good thing, but she did not want to admit it, was he had a very nice...butt. Kyira blushed at the thought.

"Well...I'm 24 years old, my birthday is in a month on the 10th of September, I'm a photographer, I live on my own in an apartment a few blocks from here, my favourite colour is green, I'm a vegetarian and have been since the age of 15, I can play the guitar and piano but prefer the piano, I...attempt to write my own music and I know how to play the violin a little. I love thunderstorms, hate spiders and I'm part italian and part american." She finished, unsure of if she had missed anything out. Gabe's mouth slackened in awe of this woman in front of him. She was simply amazing.

Kyira waited for Gabe to say something and when she didn't she cocked her head in curiosity. He was sat there...staring at her. It made her squirm uncomfortably, wary of why he was looking at her so intently. She decided to do something about it so she flicked his hands and waved a hand in front of his face.

"Diavolo? Gabriel? GABE?" She called, nudging his leg with her heeled foot. He jumped a little at the almost sensual touch and focused his eyes.

"Sorry, I zoned out there." He grinned sheepishly, actually blushing.

"It's okay. So I told you about me...your turn." She smiled. Gabe nodded.

"Well I'm 28 years old, my birthday is October 11th, I am also a vegetarian, I'm the lead singer for Cobra Starship. I live alone too but my friend Ryland lives in the same apartment complex as me. My favourite colour is purple, I can play the bass guitar and I obviously sing. I was born in Uruguay but have lived in America most of my life." He finished, taking a breath before smiling. Kyria felt just a little bit safer around Gabe now. He wasn't as much of a stranger as he was before.

The rest of the night went pretty well. They talked, joked and just enjoyed each other's company. The time went fast and soon it was night, the New York lights making it seem like day though. It was surreal.

"Wow, it's getting late." Kyira gasped when she caught a glance of a clock behind Gabe. Gabe looked down at his watch and widened his eyes.

"I better walk you home then." He sighed, not really wanting this night to end. He had honestly had alot of fun. Kyira wasn't like the other girls he had met. She was interesting, clever, funny and fun to be around. She had morals and...taste. She wasn't a fake and she certainly wasn't a groupie kind of girl. And she was beautiful which, shallow as it may sound, was a definate plus.
Kyira nodded, getting up, and waited for Gabe. He held her hand, intertwining their fingers but she didn't pull away. It actually made her happy.

When they made it to Kyira's door, she looked down as did Gabe, both unsure of what happens next. Gabe, hating the awkwardness, looked up and placed a finger under her chin, lifting her head up too. She looked into his eyes and couldn't look away. They mesmerised her. Gabe was thinking the same thing about hers.

"I...I had a good time tonight...Gabe." She said shyly, biting her lip. Once again Gabe's eyesight was diverted to them and he found himself licking his lips in anticipation. Before Kyira could say anything else he bent down and pressed his lips gently to hers in a sweet, soft kiss. Kyira was shocked but found herself kissing back.

The kiss wasn't rough but soft, sweet and slow; as if they were exploring. This was new and fresh and exciting, they were testing the waters. Kyira's arms wound around his neck, her fingers twirling into his hair whilst Gabe's hands held her waist, pulling her closer. He ran his tongue over her bottom lip, asking for entrance and she obliged. The battle for dominance was short, Kyira giving in easily as Gabe's lips worked their magic. He had her weak at the knees.
They both pulled away for breath, resting their foreheads against each other as they tried to catch their breath.

"Damn you're good at that." Kyira whispered. Gabe chuckled, the sound seeming to brighten the atmosphere.

"You too. Fuck that was the best kiss ever." Gabe admitted, looking into her eyes again. Those sapphires, glinting in the dim hallway lighting. He found himself wanting to kiss her again. But he didn't, instead letting her pull away and open her door.

"Thanks for a wonderful time Gabe." She said, looking down shyly. Gabe smiled softly at her shyness, finding it endearing. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, handing it to her.

"Put your number in?" He asked. Kyira nodded, quickly tapping in her digits before handing it back.

"Speak soon." Gabe whispered, kissing her cheek before leaving.

Kyira closed the door and after hearing it click closed, she sank down to the floor, her back against it. On her face was a blissful smile, her fingertips touching the place where moments ago, Gabe's had been.
She relived that moment of total happiness, remember and storing away the memory and feel of his lips on hers, the way his fingertips burned as he held her face gently, the way their hands slotted together. There were no words for how it all felt, how she felt.

Well...there was. But she didn't want to admit it.
After all...love isn't real.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to NeverXUnderstoodXIt
For putting me in my place =P

Another three comments for an update.
=]

P.S I changed the picture of Kyira.