A Story Without a Name

Chapter Five

Kii Kii's POV

Me and Mikey fell asleep on the couch together that night, holding each other in our arms. Life was so perfect with him. No matter what I would do, Mikey would stand up for me and take the blame.

I dreamnt of our wedding night. So dark, but beautiful at the same time. It looked more of a funeral with everyone dressed in black, rather than the classic white and flowers type thing.

The next morning I woke to find Mikey still asleep beside me and Gerard in the kitchen. I walked in and Gerard was drinking coffee.

"Good morning, Sunshine!"

"Gerard, you're starting to worry me. First you call Frank Lovely, now you're calling me Sunshine?!"

I walked over to the cupboards and got out a glass mug and poured some coffee into it.

"I don't know what's gotten into me! I haven't been taking anti-depressants at all! I'm just... HAPPY!!!"

I sat down at the kitchen table in the seat oppisite Gerard. I didn't want to get too close to him. It might be contagious!

Kii Kii's POV

"So... Kii Kii.... It's your birthday soon!!"
He was getting bored so I decided to play along.
"Yeah... Two months...."
"Nikki, you were right!"
"About what? And don't use my full name!"
"Okay. About the HIV thing.... We could get it if we had sex but I didn't want to talk about it yesterday."
"That's all right."

Mikey walked in the room and everything was silent. Gerard didn't even call him a pet name! Mikey just stood there staring into space.
"I had the strangest dream."

Mikey's POV

"I had the strangest dream."
"Yeah? What was it?"
"Wouldn't you like to know?"

I grinned at Kii Kii who seemed to be interested and sat down at the table with the other two.
"If you don't tell me, I'll leave you for your brother!"
I laughed. Kii Kii was the master/Queen of threats. One time she threatened me with a spoon! I'm sure a spoon in the eye wouldn't hurt as much as a spork in the eye....

"Sorry Kii Kii... I'm taken!"
We all laughed for a while then we heard a knock at the door and Gerard went to answer it. It was Frank.

"Hey, Pumpkin!"
"Dude, you're seriously starting to freak me out."
Frank let himself in and joined us in the kitchen. There was only three chairs so Frank leaned against the counter.

"Kii Kii, where do babies come from?"
Kii Kii sighed and Gerard sat down.
"Oh don't worry. He asked me that too!"
"Really? Well, you see Frank... When a guy and a girl love each other very much they have sex. And sometimes you are blessed with a baby!"
"Oh! So me and Gerard can't have a baby?"
"That's right. You can't. Why? Did you want to?"
"Well... Uhmm... I always wanted be a daddy...."

Kii Kii sighed again and looked at Gerard. It was almost as if he read her mind because he spoke next.
"Frank, if we last long enough, we could adopt or something but i don't know if they would let gay couples adopt."

Frank sighed and looked down at his feet. He was upset, but it was true. Maybe the Adoption Center would let them, but it's possible they wouldn't.

There was silence for about a minute and then Kii Kii came over and sat on my lap. Frank said, "Aww" and Gerard said, "How cute!" and Kii Kii stuck out her tongue at them. We were all really bored. So bored Kii Kii stopped playing with her hair and started playing with mine and my glasses.

Frank laughed and that was it.