The Story: Behind the Lives

You're joking.

"What was so goddamn important you pulled me away from work?"

Oh yeah, I thought, cause you have a normal job.

"Sit down." I said pointing to a seat. He plonked himself on the couch, my leather-clad fiancé squeaking against the couch.

"Tell me now." He demanded, folding his left leg over his right and placing his hands in his lap and looking up at me intently.

I walked a little closer to him and reach out for his hand. He lifted his left hand up towards my body and I placed it on my belly. I looked down at him and managed a smile.

"You're joking." His eyes lit up and he unfolded his legs, standing up his lifted his hand to my cheek and the other wrapped around me. He pulled me into him for a kiss.

"Ironically, no." I said, giving a small laugh. He let his left hand slide down to my belly again and just left it there. His smile would've looked freaky to someone who didn't know what the occasion was about.

He looked down at his watch and back up at me. I knew that look. I kissed his lips once more. Just so I didn't forget what it tasted like.

"Go." I said, pointing to the door. I heard a car pull up outside.

"I love you baby." He said.

"Love you too."

"Not, you, the baby!" He said, laughing slyly.

"You Joker." I said, and then realised, giggling to myself.

"Bye." He said giving a small wave.

I waved back and watched him run.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was making dinner when I heard a light tapping on the door. I waited for them to knock again. I took a sharp knife and put it behind my back, slowly walking towards the front door.

I stood in front of the door, trying to see who was on the other side. I finally opened the door and stood there.

My mouth dropped open and the knife fell from my hand, it felt like 5 minutes had passed before it hit the ground and I'd come back to reality.

"Lexia." I half heard them say, still off in a zone.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I answered, staring at them, almost right through them.

"It's been so long." They answered.