The Story: Behind the Lives

You should never have gotten involved.

"Oh, someone." He smirked.

"Tell all!" I said, turning towards him and listening.

"Well, she's your age."

"Ew! you like the young ones eh?" I laughed, slapping him on the back.

"Anyway!" He replied.

"Go on." I said, placing my hands in my lap.

"Her names Lee." He started to say. My face must have caught him off guard.

"What?!?" He said, looking at me.

"You, you can't be with her, ever." I said, I automatically knew who he was talking about.

"Why not?" He asked me with a puzzled look.

"Just don't ever, promise me, she's capable of unhuman things."

"By the looks of it, so is your other half." Mum shot back at me, getting up.

"Maybe this was a bad idea, coming here to see you." Dad added in, getting out of the chair.

"Dad, her fiance and me go way back."

"Fiance?" Mum asked.

"Yes." I said, putting my head down, regretting what my brother had just said for me.

"Since when?" Dad asked, raising his voice.

"Four years." I replied.

"And I was happy, just me and him, Lee was out of my life, you were all out of my life, it was quiet!" I yelled, standing up, my brother pulling me back down.

"Were leaving." Mum announced and picked up her bag and walked towards the front door.

My brother stayed behind. Mum and dad walked out the door. I heard their car start and drive away.

I sat down and put my head in my hands.

Shit. Crap. Fuck.

"I'm sorry." I heard a voice say, my brother putting his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay." I replied.

"Go rest, you and the baby need it." He said.

"How did you....." I shot my head up and looked at him.

"Well, I did introduce the both of you, how'd you think I found out where you lived?"

They still talked, all this time, my brother was getting check ups on me from him.

I nodded and got up. My brother walked into the kitchen and I started into the bedroom.

This was indeed one problem that had to be sorted.