The Story: Behind the Lives

Stop and think.

There comes a point in everyone's life where they have to sit down and think.

Just think.

About who you want to be in your life, and who you want out, others you want back in and some people you know who you'd really rather them to just be dead.

I want my parents back in my life, I don't want my parents in my life all the freakin' time, and I'd really rather that Lee didn't exist.

You don't always get what you wish for, all the time.

I'd had one wish answered, and now that I was carrying a baby, it had come true. I guess I'd just have to wait another 5 years until I could wish Lee dead.

Was that being too mean?

I'll let you decide.

I was now lying in bed, thinking of my past, thinking of my future, and of course, thinking of my now. There were things I miss, I miss seeing my love everyday, being able to have him hold me in bed at night, protecting and not letting go. I wanted that now more than ever.

I was brought out of my trance by the phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"I was on the news baby!"

"Yes, and as a result, I may or may not have smashed your favourite glass."

"What!?"

"Kidding, but I did smash a glass, accidentally."

"Oh well."

"Hmm."

"How're you, feeling alright?"

"Yes, I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"Us, My parents."

"Why us?"

"I miss how we used to be when we first started going out."

"You mean all lovey and touchy?"

"Yep."

"Things will get better."

"Sure, whatever you say."

Nothing was said for over 5 minutes, just listening to each other sigh and breathe.

"Baby, I promise, we'll have a nice night in, I'm sure I can take off a few days to spend with you."

"I don't want a few days, I want a few years."

"You know--"

"Yeah, I know."

"We'll talk when I get home."

Click.

I hate phone conversations, because who ever you're talking to can just hang up on you.

I spread myself out on the couch and before I knew it I was asleep.