The Story: Behind the Lives

My day.

So, since we'd decided to get married in between our birthday's, which were exactly 30 days apart, today was the 15th day, so, after all that math crap, today was my wedding day.

My day.

No-one elses.

Unless someone decided to have a heart attack.

Which would be shitty.

I put on my dress and looked in the mirror.

I had no-one there with me to tell me I looked like a princess.

No-one but myself.

Because of my life, I'd shut my friends out, and the women I did have contact with were just guests. Not even my parents were invited.

Only 10 people to act as witnesses.

And my brother, who was walking me down.

The whole parents and me getting along didn't work out for the best.

You win some, you lose some.

Just as fixed my top half so nothing fell out at any point, my brother knocked on the door.

"Come in if you're not wearing face paint." I said, giggling.

"Hey sis." Jase said, taking in the dress and my belly which was covered with a black silk dress topped with lace.

Well, it wasn't as if I was 'pure' or anything, so white wasn't really on the cards.

He helped me with my ivory coloured veil as it was pinned down to my head.

"Thank you." I said, on the verge of tears.

"Ah crap." I sniffled.

We both laughed and he hugged me.

"Ready?" He asked me, smiling and outstretching his arm.

"Sure am." I said linking my arm with his as he opened the door.

Just as we reached the top of the aisle all I could hear was screams, yells and guns.

Today of all days.

Great.

Jase told me to hide as he rushed out to see what was going on.

More gunshots then silence.

"I told you never to interrupt something so wonderful." I heard him say.

I got out form my hiding place and walked and stood in the middle of what used to be a battle field.

"I'm sorry, these people can't take no for an answer."

"Neither can you." I yelled and picked up the bottom of my dress and started to power walk out of the small cottage.

I told you, I could never a day to myself.

It was always about him and the stupid money.