The Story: Behind the Lives

Back in business.

Tomorrow was the start of a new year. The first day of the year was the day to make resolutions with yourself, forget old fights, forgive people who had done you wrong.

Unfortunately for anybody, I didn't plan on doing any of those things. New Years felt alot like christmas, only without the food and presents. Amy was playing with a toy she had gotten for christmas, gosh she was smart for a 7 month old.

Maybe then she'd get herself out of the life her father and I were living, before she fell into the same hole we did. New Years Eve was also a day that all the banks in Gotham were closed. I was wearing black leather pants, a tight white shirt and black boots. I couldn't say it did my baby body any justice, but it was what I always wore on days like this.

I picked Amy up and took her into her room to get her changed. She wore a purple shirt with blue pants and a white jumper with a big sunshine on the front.

"Don't you look cute!" I said pulling her off her change table and pulling her up so our noses touched. She smiled at me and giggled. I placed her on my hip and rushed into the kitchen to pack bottles with formula in them, all ready to go, along with some small bottles of baby food. I didn't really want to leave her with someone of my husbands standards, but at least they had children themselves, so she wouldn't be bored.

"Babe, are you ready?" I heard from the front door.

"Yes, coming!" I yelled back pulling Amy's baby bag over my shoulder and rushing out the door.

"Do I really have to come today?" I whined as I plopped myself in the front seat, closing the door and doing myseat belt up.

"Yes, unfortunately, someone decided they would take this time of year off, of course I didn't take it very well, so they're no longer with us." He explained looking into the rear view mirror and poking his tongue at Amy.

I sighed and placed my elbow on the inside of the window and rested my head on my hand.
This was the first time Amy had seen her father with his make up on, it also certainly wouldn't be the last time. She pulled at her seat belts and tried as hard she could to get them off.

"Amyyyy." I whined at her, turning around to pull them back up over her shoulders. She tried to push my hands away with no such luck.

The car trip was quiet as we pulled into the secluded drive way of Tony and Maria's house. The old italian house stood deep in the grounds on bigger land than ours, an electric fence circling the perimetre of the land. Maria came out to greet us with a baby on her hip.

"Hello, hello!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, the 14 month old boy on her hip also trying to wave his hands at us. He got out of the car first and walked straight past Maria, giving the tiniest of waves as he passed her. She walked to the car and stood behind me as I undid Amy's seatbelts and lifted her out of the seat.

Maria I could trust with my baby's life, at least until Tony decided he would do wrong by The Joker. I was sure she could see my fat arse as I was getting Amy out of the car and decided that I would just squat down to get her bag off the floor of the car.

I had Amy on my hip as Maria's little boy, Antonio Junior waved to Amy and giggled into his hands. Maria kissed Amy's chubby cheeks, and then my own.

"Good to see you all!" She exclaimed. I'd guessed she was in the same boat as I am, with not having that much of a social life outside of talking to our children. Maria and Tony's oldest daughter, Daniella came out and gasped at Amy.

"She's so cuuuute!" She giggled touching Amy's hand and kissing it. I just laughed.

"Come in, come in!" Maria finally said, motioning for us to go inside.

Once we were inside I saw both Tony and The Joker sitting at a small table with a map in front of them. Tony nodded his head in my direction. I think he was also under the impression that women shouldn't go out on missions.

But I'd been doing this long enough to not be offended by it.

"Are we ready?" He asked Tony and myself.

"I am." Tony replied, picking up the bag next to him.

"Yep." I replied. Maria had taken the kids into the kitchen for food, she came back out ready to take Amy.

"You be good." I said to Amy, knowing that she wouldn't have a clue what I was saying. I kissed her cheek as he came over and kissed her forehead. I gave her to Maria and and grabbed his hand, tightening my grip, I choked the tears back and smiled.

"Let's go." Tony said, almost too impatiently.

"Ciao!" Maria yelled and walked into the kitchen.

I took a deep breath and smiled.

Tony walked out first with his bag, which I'd figured was probably the safest way to carry guns in this house. I was resistant to leave but he just smiled at me.

"She'll be fine." He assured me and slapped my bum to get me moving.

I rubbed my arse all the way out to the car trying to get the stinging sensation to go away.

I noticed that the back seats were filled with three other men, all wearing masks. They looked nervous as hell. I smiled.

"How am I getting there?" I asked, as Tony got into the car.

"With this." He said, taking me around the other side of the car to reveal a white and red yahama 750. I gasped. I hadn't ridden a bike in along time.

"We can't all take the car and be suspicious." He carried on, placing keys in the palm of my hand.

"This is great!" I screamed, kissing his lips.

"Just follow us." He added before walking to the driver's side and getting in. I put my black helmet over my head and lifted the visor up so it wouldn't fog up straight away.

I heaved myself up onto the bike and put the key in the ignition, I switched it to on and kicked the start pedal.

First time. Oh the sound was music to my ears. I popped the visor down and waited for them to lead. I'd figured the bike was an extra cash stasher, just because they were greedy. I felt around on the back seat and noticed it popped up, I'd also guessed that was where it would be stashed.

I pulled the back seat back down and put both feet up onto the pedals, my head down and chest resting on the bulky fuel tank in front of me.

Maybe I would have a New Years Resolution.

With all the money we were about to have, I would be able to afford a bike 3 times over.