The Story: Behind the Lives

The getaway.

"Lexia, c'mon! Hurry up and let's get out of here."

"Okay." I replied as we both turned around and headed for the door, picking up our pace just incase anyone else was there.

As we got to the door I heard police sirens.

"Fuck it." I said, stamping my foot in frustration. I saw him roll his eyes and scan the room.

"This way." He said, grabbing my hand and leading us back the way we came.

"There has to be another door to this place." He said scanning the area.

All of a sudden I just stopped. An epiphany had just changed my whole out look on the situation.

"I want this to stop." I said, digging my heels in, makig him turn around to face me.

"What?"

"This life, I want to live in peace, with our baby, with our future kids."

"What do you have in mind?"

"There's some petrol over there, spread it around, I'll find a lighter in one of those idiots pockets."

I ran over to the nearest dead guy and went through his pockets.

"YES!"

I walked back over to The Joker and smiled, flicking up the lighter. We spread the petrol everywhere and then found the nearest back exit.

"Take your coat off." I said.

He gave me the coat and I threw it on the ground.

The Joker left the building first, I kicked my shoes off and threw my wallet that was in my back pocket onto the floor.

I flicked the lighter on and chucked it onto the ground, closing the door behind me.