The Story: Behind the Lives

Safe.

All we could see ahead of us was forest, we were obviously in a warehouse that had been abandoned for years in the middle of nowhere.

"Come on." He said to me and grabbed my hand.

Running on this gravel wouldn't be doing any justice to my feet, but then again, I'd rather put up with yuck feet then be locked in a cell for the rest of my life.

"WAIT!" I screamed.

"What?" He replied to me, almost as out of breath as I was.

"Amy, you idiot!" I shoved him in the chest, him not being ready for my push almost fell over.

"I heard Lee talking to one of the guys she's being kept at your parents house."

"That dirty bitch." I replied, shaking my head. The sirens got closer as we ran into the edge of the forest and hid.

"We need to get my baby back."

"Our baby back." The Joker replied, squeezing my hand.

The warehouse went up in smoke as we laid low for what seemed like hours, the fire brigade showed up and eventually put out the huge blaze.

"She's dead now ... she can't hurt you." He said to me seeing the defiance in my eyes.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

After we'd gotten back home, the first thing I did was ring my parents, ready to give them a mouthful.

"You can't do anything until we get Amy back." He said, taking the phone out of my hand and back onto the reciever.

"We have to sleep on it, for one night, make a plan, we know your parents have her, it's a start Lex, we won't let them keep her, but you need the sleep."

I nodded my head in agreement and let a few tears slip for my baby. As I got into bed I hugged my pillow, He put his arms around my waist and kissed the back of my neck.

"We'll get her back, Lex. I promise you."

The one thing he never did to me .. was break a promise.