I was in love with a boy

Mr.Way any girlfriend?

Mike’s POV
“Hey Jack! Wait up man!” I called after one of my best friends.
“Oh, hey man. What you up to?”
“Nothing much, but I was thinking wasn’t our roommate meant to get here earlier today?”
“Yeah. I was gonna go up and see him now.”
“Wicked, we can introduce ourselves together.”
We walked past the playfield and in no time we were climbing the stairs to our room. When we got there we hesitated outside of the door for a minute then slowly pushed it open. A boy about our age was sitting on his bed, his long black hair hang loosely around his face reaching his shoulders and his pale alabaster skin matched the whitewash walls. But the thing that drew our attention was the light pink rings around his eyes and the lonely tear that was still etching it’s was down his face, when he noticed we had come in he quickly wiped it away.
“Hey, I’m Mike I said a little too enthusiastically.” But glad not to have to explain why he was crying his reply came back enthusiastically as well.
“Gerard” he looked up at Jack. For a minute Jack’s mouth hung open in awe of the boy;
“Thought I only had one roommate.”
“Nah, there’s a lack of rooms in this dump so we all have to be squished together like sardines.” He smiled a bit at this, probably amused at my weak humour. He stood up and said;
“Okay, so where’s dinner in this crap hole?”
“That’s the spirit” we called back as we lead the way.
Gerard’s POV
Mike and Jack seemed nice enough and I was glad I got on well with them. Whilst I was crying I decided I wasn’t going to tell anyone else about Frank. Even the people who were closest to me had been scared away the second I mentioned it, all except for Mikey. What did I ever do to deserve a brother like Mikey? No one would ever know, I would take this to my grave. Well not literally, because I was going to find Frank. But until I did, moms the word. How was I going to keep this secret? Just like Frank, I can’t lie to save my life. What would it take to keep them convinced I’m straight…ask someone out? The thought churned my stomach as I thought about it. Go out with someone when Frank was alive and well somewhere?!
Well. If that’s what it takes to get through this unscathed…then, I just might have to. I shuddered and returned to my food.
“Hey man, whats eating you?”

“Nothing, he’s at the top of the food chain!” shrieked Jack.
“Lion King” I mumbled a few seconds later.
“What?”
“You got that from the lion king.”
“Oh well yeah. I guess I did” The whole table erupted into laughter.
“Nice one man, you put Jack in his place.” I looked up and saw a kid with blond hair and a nose piercing looking at me, still laughing.
“Jake” he said.
“Gerard”
“Welcome to Methody”
“Thanks.” I mumbled, then realised this was rude and smiled up at him. “Sorry, it’s just…first day.”
“Don’t worry man I was the same when I realised I had to hang out with these Muppets for the next few years as well.” His smile was so genuine; I could tell we would get along.
Just then Mike turned to me;
“Alright dude, so you just moved from London? Right?”
“Yeah”
“You have an American accent.”
“Wow Sherlock! You think!” I grinned at this and I got chuckles from around the table. Mike smiled pretty amused.
“Hey you’re funny, but still, where in America?”
“Newark in New Jersey.”
“Hey nice! I have a cousin from there.” Jake interrupted.
“Really? Whats his name?”
“Leo Bing. D’ya know him?”
“Sounds familiar.” I mused
“Nice one, I’ll ask if he knows you. Whats your last name?”
“Way”
“So Mr. Way, any girlfriend?” Mike chirped in, man what was this 20 questions?!
My heart skipped several beats and I was sure I was blushing.

“Um, no not really.”
“Oooh! Got rejected a lot?” Mike joked patting me on the back with false sympathy.
“Nah, just non of the girls were hot enough for me.” This caused cheers to erupt from my new friends and I was instantly approved.
“Yeah same man” Jake called across to me. I felt bad, like I was being disloyal to Frank…I was wasn’t I? Well it was too late to go back…too dangerous even.
Frank’s POV
The next morning when I woke up I was curled up next to Bob lying on the bathroom floor;
“Wow! Killer hangover.”
“Mm same” mumbled Bob.
“Come on sleeping beauty, I gotta get back and check my cell.” I tugged on his arm and he got up with some help.
“Okay, let’s go”
We walked back down the alley, bobs arm was around my waist and I saw no harm in it so I let him. I still wasn’t sure about this though, but I guess it was time to move on, I couldn’t leave Bob hanging, I made up my mind there and then to just completely move on. Gerard would want that for me, a good life. My spirits were lifted and I put my arm around Bob as well, he smiled at my response and we walked the rest of the way home in a good mood, talking about how cool alien invasion would be…until we saw Mallison house.
“No” I breathed.
Bob just stood there, rooted to the spot; “Fuck”