In a City That Sleeps During the Day

Worried and Calles

~Pete’s Point of View~

I noticed that recently that Casey and her little group of friends have been acting weirder than normal. I had just fallen asleep when I heard a scream coming from Casey’s room. I get up and run to her room and see that she was okay, but just shaken up.

“Are you okay, I heard you screaming,” I said with a worried look.

“Yea, No, I’m not, Pete something bad happened,” she said, “You see in this dream I was this girl with dark brown with blonde highlights with red tinted lowlights who wakes up in a place unfamiliar. This place was elegant, I looked down and saw that I was dressed in a skirt mid-thigh, and the shirt she was wearing was long sleeved with a collar black. I had a tie around my neck that was red; if I looked at myself I would swear you saw the devils wife. I was dressed to kill and looked like I was someone who you could be friend anyone in the face. I stand and walk out the door into a dark hallway with a light at very end of it. I walk down the hallway with an arrogant walk, and when I reach the end of the hallway I am greeted by faces that are very familiar to me.

“Welcome to the new world Ms. Chelsie,” William Beckett said.

“Thank you,” I said. Well I didn’t say it the person I am did.

“Do you wish to join us,” he asked. In my mind I was falling in love with him and the evil coming off of him.

“Sure,” I said with a smirk.

“Good, Then. Brendon, Mike, Joe, I want to show Ms. Chelsie around, then bring back to my room,” William said.

“Yes, sir,” the three said before getting up and Mike taking my hand to help show me around.

“Well, I can’t wait to see if she will come in handy,” I heard someone say really quietly, that is what happened.”

As she told me the dream she started to shake and I pulled her into a hug. Which in the end put her back to sleep and I felt like I did my job as her protector. I fell asleep next to her. I woke up to the smell of food. It smelled like all my old favorites, I need to eat. I walk down the stairs and see everyone down there eating. So, I grabbed a plate out of the cabinet and fixed a plate. As I started to eat everyone looked at me with a strange look on their face. I looked at them and smiled, I guess I am still human after all.

Over the past three weeks I noticed Casey getting sadder each day. I wouldn’t ask her about it. Then one day I was just waking up and I smelled vomit, so I ran to see Case throw-up and start to fall down. So, I ran to her picked up.
“Bear, you okay,” I asked.

“Yea,” she said.

“We need to call Dirty up, but first we need to get Patrick to look at you first,” I said and carrying her to Patrick’s room. I put her down to knock on the door, and within 10 seconds Patrick answered it.

“What Pete. Why does it smell like vomit,” he asked.

“Well, you see Casey threw-up, and I had a feeling that you needed to look at her, I’m going to go call Dirty, while you do that,” I said leaving and going to my room. When I got there I got my cell phone out and called Dirty.

“Hello,” someone answered.

“Hey Dirty, I need your help,” I said.

“Okay, with what,” he asked.

“Casey just threw-up,” I said.

“Okay, that’s not normal, I’m coming over, see you soon Pete,” he said before hanging up. I closed the phone and went downstairs to wait for Dirty to show up. When I heard a knock on the door, I opened the door and let Dirty in.

“So, let’s go make you shake,” he said.

“Okay,” I said watching him make more of the drink than normal. Then he poured it into two glasses.

“Oh, man,” I heard as Casey and Patrick walked downstairs just for Casey to be greeted by Dirty holding a cup filled with the same liquid as in my cup. She walked over to him and took the drink from him, then chugged it down in one sip. I don’t think she liked it.

“You’ll get use to it Casey,” Dirty said looking at her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Enjoy