In a City That Sleeps During the Day

Things Have Changed

Chelsie's P.O.V

"William baby, calm down." I sighed, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose. His emotions were driving me up the wall and giving me a migrane.
Turns out that's my extra power. Empathy.

Sounds fun but it really is a pain in the ass.

William was currently pacing his study, his face glaring at the floor whilst I sat perched on the edge of his huge oak desk, facing my husband. Mike and another Dandy, I think his name was Andy but he went by The Butcher (and yes, the name implys his reputation) were stood flanking the door with worried yet angry expressions. I think everyone felt betrayed after everything that happened.

The Jonas boys and Brendon had both gone to the other side, falling in 'love' with the female hunters; all who happened to be my friends.

Oh the irony.

Of course the four traitors had been locked in the basement dungeons, a catacomb of hidden rooms and corridors beneath the mansion, before William explained the history of the feud between us Dandies and the hunters. I was suddenly doubting my friendship with Casey, as sad as it sounds. But if someone hurts my William I will not stand for it.

"Calm down? How the hell can you expect me to calm down after all that has happened?" He was furious and I could feel it. Unfortunately because the Empathy thing was so new to me and I had the bare minimum of training, I couldn't control it so my automatic reaction to being spoken to that with the amount of rage in the room was to strike back.

"Don't you dare speak to me like that. It's not like this is my fault so don't take it out on me your highness." My tone was venomous and sarcastic and Mike and 'The Butcher' gasped an intake of breath. After all, no-one speaks to William Beckett like that.

It's just not done.

I however, did not care at that point. The emotions around me were just too strong. I was out of my sitting position now, squaring up to William from across the room. He glared down at me, his lips pulling back over his fangs. A growl issued from his throat, spilling out into the room. I matched it.

"Pardon?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"Wow, sensitive AND stupid. What a winning combination."

William was suddenly in front of me, glaring down with a hand around my throat. I glared back, snatching my hand to his throat and applied the same amount of pressure.

We had a stand off, staring at each other for what felt like an eternity before William's eyes widened and flickered away from me. Their gaze were thoughtful and concentrated, he was deep in thought. His grip loosened up on me but I darent do the same.

"What?" I spat. I could still sense the anger in the house but a new emotion was seeping from William.

Ingenuity, mixed with confidence.

"Damn...I've got it!" Suddenly he dropped his hand from me, pulling mine away in what seemed like the same movement before sitting at his desk and writing something down. He motioned for Mike and 'The Butcher' to join him and soon they were hatching plans.

I smirked, proud at my love's genius.

It was finally coming together.

****

Later that night there was a party, thrown in celebration of William's plan and in anticipation of the oncoming fight. No-one as allowed to drink though (blood of course) as William told his Dandies to save themselves for the carnage the next night. Only William and I were allowed to drink but we only had a wine glass full before William whisked me off to our room.

It seems he had other plans for our 'personal' celebration.

Not that I'm complaining.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know but meh
I have my reasons.
Elsie xo