She's a Tease

Addicted

Maddie and Brian’s relationship was kept on the down-low for a long time. Then Zacky caught them ’at it’ in the studio. The images scarred his ‘innocent’ memory for life. Even though he said this often to wind Brian up, it was probably true, seeing them together made it all the more real.

Jimmy thought this was one of the main reasons Zack just couldn’t let go and move on properly. Sure, he had girlfriends, each one, however, ending in disaster. Jimmy, who was the only person besides Val to know of Zack’s feelings, thought that because Maddie had seemed ‘on the market’ for a lot longer than she, it made Zack believe he may have had a chance.

But that chance was gone. The elegant white gold, diamond encrusted engagement ring proved that.

They had been on tour at the time Brian had asked her. He’d arranged it with the hotel that the room they were stating in would be sprinkled with rose petals with candles everywhere and a bottle of champagne on ice. He’d gone all out in asking Maddie to be his wife. While Zack watched helplessly, closer to the both of them than he would have liked. He even helped pick out the ring, shamefully imagining it was from himself.

She was his favourite drug, the cocaine to his addictive personality and he was trying to limit his substance abuse. Distancing himself in favour of a less potent drug.

Gena, she was his marijuana. The thing he’d use to kick the habit.

He did like her, honestly he did, but she was no Maddie. She was beautiful in an obvious way, flashy almost. But she was there, she cared about him - and damn was she good in bed! If anything Zack was with her for that. The sex.

The sex, although amazing, didn’t help him wean himself off Maddie. Instead of Gena’s face it was her’s and frankly it freaked him out a little. He’d think of someone else in his position, thinking of him, and it usually put a stop to it, catching himself from moaning Maddie’s name in favour of Gena’s.

The weaning was made harder by the fact that she was always there. Madison Burk was like his fucking shadow.

Why was she so captivating? Why was she so damn irresistible? Zacky didn’t know, but deep down he fully promoted it.