Status: Finished.

Unlawful

Act I, Scene III.

"You were just saying you were going to walk me back to my chamber, were you?" Gabriella hinted not so subtly at the servant - Gerard. He just nodded dumbly and followed her from the room, rushing to keep up with her as she waltzed down the wide hallway, taking many twists and turns and stairs up to her sleeping room.

"How old were you when you came here?" Gabriella asked after a moment. "I mean, you said that you've been here for thirteen years, and I was just wondering how...how old you are."

"I've been here since I was eleven," he told her, barely pausing before adding: "princess," on the end. "I'm twenty four now."

"I'm seventeen," she told him pointlessly. He knew how old she was. He remembered all the hard work he put into helping set up and pack up her party. "I'll be eighteen in seven months." He knew, he knew.

They came to her chamber door and stopped.

"You sure you can find your way back, boy?" Gabriella asked teasingly, pushing the door to her room open, letting Gerard peep inside just a little, the royal colours and the fact that the whole room was over the top leaving him dumbstruck for just a moment.

"Yeah- yes, yes," he rushed out, his lips turning upwards in a trembling, awkward smile. "...I'll see you another time, princess." He nodded curtly at her and walked away quickly, a small goofy smile spreading across his features, touching to his eyes.

- - -

Gabriella shut the door after herself and made her way over to the desk stationed over in the corner of the room, a small smile plastered on her face. She'd not met a boy that took her breath away like that since...ever.

She took a quill from the ink pot at the corner of the desk and let a small drop of ink drip onto the paper, watching it soak in, until it was dry, to be there forever. Her mind had fluttered with a million words to scrawl down onto the paper just moments before, but now she was drawing a blank, so to speak.

Her eyes wandered to the roof, trying to trace, with her eyes, the tiny pieces of wood that compiled the logs that compiled the roof, but it didn't work, and she ended up dizzy, with the perfect words in her head.

I met a boy today,