Status: Finished.

Unlawful

Act II, Scene III.

Shy glances were exchanged in hallways as they passed and Gerard had been lucky enough just to feel her soft skin again, once, when he opened a door for her, seeing as that was what his job was. She smiled a little at him, discreetly, when he did that and his response was rosy cheeks.

After she kissed him a week ago this day, she gave him a shy smile and ran out, back up to her chamber where she lay on the bed and giggled and thought about everything that was Gerard. That she knew, at least.

She wanted to know more and she would. She would go down and see him tonight. Was that too risky? Should she ask him to come up and see her? Was that even riskier? Maybe she should do nothing? No, no, nothing was doing her head in and she needed to see him intimately again. Maybe she would give up her virginity to him. What if he didn't want to with her? Wait, of course he would, she was royalty.

Therein lay another problem. Maybe he was only being so nice because she was a royal and he wanted a place on the throne as king? Maybe she should just stop assuming things and let everything play out the way fate intends it to. She needed to see him...

She had to see him. She'd go down there tonight and see him again, who cares about the risks? And they would make love under the moonlight.

-

By the time the sun had sunk into the hills and the moon had risen, Gabriella had thought herself into the frenzy. She needed to calm down. There was still hours to go before she would be able to go down and see him. She needed to now. Maybe she could sneak off during dinner? Excuse herself after the first course and go down to the servants quarters, tell him to take her right there.

She did exactly that. Saying she felt ill right after having the first course and excusing herself to go change in her chamber, before going down to see Gerard. But she found him already up there, looking around her room curiously. Not creepily, not poking around and making a nuisance of himself, just...he was curious.

"Gerard?" Gabriella asked softly, shutting the door behind herself quietly, moving forward so they were only a few feet apart, the tables turning. Gabriella now seemed curious and Gerard was just shocked.

"Gabriella. Princess," he quickly corrected himself and bowed his head. This time it wouldn't be at all hard to have him guillotined. She could have this and a million other reasons. But why would she, after the kiss the other night? She wouldn't, that's it. She wouldn't. "I just- I,"

Gabriella pushed him, hard, in the chest, and he stumbled backwards, and she wasted no time in undoing the pins on her dress and letting it fall to the ground, revealing her naked body for the first time to a man. "Love me."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm aware that I'm incredibly cheesy.