Demonic Princess Of The Human Race

Fear is Like the Plague

The icy and bitter wind blew snow across the cracked granite walls of the palace. Even this high up, in a room locked far the back, hidden and away from sight, I could hear the constant grating of snow against the wall.

For the tenth time in the past five minutes I wondered what they where waiting for. They had me, and they where winning the war against the mortals, so why then? Why had they not killed me yet? It had been 3 weeks. Three long and pamper filled weeks.

I decided that it was better to be killed before hand, not after they had given me blood and plush interior, and a view to kill for. Not that i was complaining or anything.

I sat curled in the window seat, a white pillow clutched in my lap. The fire was crackling in its hearth, plush rugs had been placed lavishly across the room, giant white pillows were the backdrop in the room. It was snowy outside, the snow leaped upward in a swirl of white and fluttered across the window. I could see men down there, far below. Vampires training for battle. The aching sickness in my chest returned as my thoughts led to Dannie. I choked back tears and fought to breath. I stopped, and lulled my mind back towards the numbness i had taken a week to achieve. I gave way to the black emptiness with a quiet sigh. I had decided something, in the weeks i was here. I loved him. I had never loved anything before, not really.

I let my mind wander, searching the different minds below with a new found talent that had decided to show itself upon arrival at the vampire king's fortress.

The guards were restless, and bored. Five guards were to be positioned outside my door at all times. I still didn't understand why they were keeping me alive? Wouldn't it be better to do away with a hybrid? I sighed, and pulled the pillow closer. I didn't want to know why they wanted to keep me. I suppose they could sell me back to the humans for a good sum of money, considering that George didn't know i was a monster, that is.

Voices, muffled and far, sounded outside my door. I focused one of the guards mind outside, his sight appearing against my closed eyelids. It was a girl, no a vampire, around sixteen and pretty as day. She was arguing. Saying something.. I couldn't catch the words, my mind wandering. Then the door swung open and i opened my eyes.

She wandered in, her footsteps muffled against the rugs.
"Are you here to do away with me?" I asked in a melancholy voice.

She ignored my question."Come, I assume you've been in this drafty place since your arrival. I want to show you the fortress." I looked at her, trying to figure what game she was playing at.

"Your king, Nax, told everyone specifically not to let me out of this room until further notice, lady."

"My father-"She said haughtily"-told me i could do as i please while visiting here, and i intend to." The way she said it, made it sound like she just wanted to get back at him for something. Not that i minded, i wanted to get out of the room.

I pushed myself up, and followed her silhouette out the door. Plush rugs gave way to cold marble flooring, my bare footsteps stinging cold as they stepped onto it. The guards stayed behind, searing baleful gazes into my back. It was obvious they would get in trouble, although it would be much worse to refuse the princess of her wishes.

I let my mind wander down the empty hallway were doors could be seen on either side. I pulled my mind through the doors, sensing the inhabitants. There were surprisingly allot of residents here that i hadn't noticed before.

Suddenly, a familiar, cold emptiness replaced my own mind, and desperation washed over, revealing my hopelessness in flashes. I rushed past the princess, barely hearing as she called out my name and stepped in front of the door.

I stopped. There were two people in the room. My hand lingered on the door as my mind swept across the room. A girl, whose mind was open, and unguarded. Her emotions rang plain and true, and stuck into my heart like a knife, slicing downward.

The vampires always guarded their minds, and not anyone could get through to see their emotions and see through their eyes, at least, that was what they had said, but they had never met me before. The only time vampires let their mind free was when they were in immense pain, or immense pleasure. What was happening behind this door was definitely the latter.

Tears plagued my eyes and dropped down my porcelain skin. My porcelain skin. "Porcelain, like an angels heart, is easy to break." A malicious, angry voice sneered at me from down the hall. My hand still rested against the door, unwilling to move. She had known, about Dannie, and how i liked him. My mind was unguarded, the pain in my heart too much to bear, and i felt her presence as she rushed into my mind like a grater, shredding my emotions apart and setting them on fire.
"Oh yes," She said, licking her lips,"I knew everything. When you first came you didn't know how all vampires could sense thought, if you were unprepared. I learned all i could from you, and now i relish in the fact that i just killed you inside." Her mind was brushing against mine with such a force i gasped in pain, and i tasted blood in my mouth. I could sense her emotions too, that was the drawback of sensing someone else's. Except me, i was like a hidden shadow when i saw others thoughts. She felt contempt, and anger with such a force, and i didn't know why. I also felt her guilt, and jealousy.

She slipped away then, leaving me to slump against the floor and cry into my white dress.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its been like, what, 9 months since i posted a chapter in this story? Lol sorry, i swear ill try getting back to this story!(: Comment = Love & more desire to update. To comment and subscribe!