Demonic Princess Of The Human Race

Hunting

I waited till i could hear my fathers and sisters breathing become slow and even before throwing the covers off of my body. I stood up and took a generous chug from my water bottle. Or, blood bottle you could say. My strength increased immediately. I didn't change into my night-gown, but had black jeans on and a black shirt. Perfect for night-hunting. Except for the fact it would be pretty easy to see my pure white wings from the castle walls were the guards sat, well until i was high in the air. This was going to be tricky because the king had added nearly twice as many watchers on patrol around the castle.

I quickly opened the screen door to the balcony before jumping outside and closing it silently behind me. I ducked into a crouch as one of the guards below me on the walkway looked up. I held my breath till the person looked away.

I waited in this position for five minutes till no guards were on the landing before jumping up on the railing. I gave my wings a test flap before pushing off the railing into the air. I pushed my wings down hard. The single pump pushed me way up over the castle walls. Ban-voyage.

I kept pushing myself towards the little dip in the mountains in the distance.
While flying towards it i kept scanning the ground, making sure that no one was outside. There shouldn't be anyone outside - not past midnight, at least.

I felt superior to everyone on the ground. I was way high up in the air, and yet when i look i could see a bike in the front yard of that house, flowers, and many other things that would have been impossible without my eyesight being as it was.

It only took me twenty minutes to get close enough to land. I found the clearing in the forest floor that i usually landed on, and flew towards it. Within seconds i gracefully landed on my toes. I instantly went into a crouch, closing my eyes and sniffing the air. My nostrils flared as i caught the scent of bear.

I followed the faint scent trail of a bear farther and farther up into the mountains. Something was.. different about the bear this time though. I could smell the blood strongly, even thought it wasn't dead.. I knew it wasn't dead because it was moving. Otherwise i would have already found the vile thing.

I sped up, dodging the limbs of the trees, going by total instinct. The scent got stronger, and i sped more fast. The scent of blood was very strong at this point. Lust filled my eyes and my throat burned with the need. A need of blood. I was so far gone into 'hunting-mode' that my mind didn't even register why the bear would be going as fast as i was, if not faster.

Now i could hear something up ahead, running through the undergrowth. I kicked my heels into the dirt and jumped over the trees. I could see the bear now, running. Blood was everywhere on the animal. I landed straight on top of the animal, sinking my jaws into it. The thing hit the dirt and we went rolling. We tumbled to a stop and i had drank all the blood from the animal. But it was still moving! I could feel it underneath me rocking back and forth. Until i saw it. A hand reached from underneath the animal and pulled at the grass, dragging the body of a vampire behind it.

I finally caught on. The boy here had killed the beast and was taking the food somewhere else. The only reason i hadn't smelled the person before was because the dude was covered in the bears blood. That was why i had smelled bear blood so strongly. It all suddenly clicked.

"Vampire, get out of here. You are not allowed in this country." I bared my teeth and hissed. The man got up and turned towards me. Blood covered his face, his arms... He looked like he had rolled in it. He was wasting precious blood! Now i was reallly pissed.

"Ha! Your a vampire yourself, if you haven't looked in a mirror." He scoffed. Then he saw my bloodied wings. "Huh. A half bread.." A vicious smile spread over his features. Half-breeds were considered a delicacy in most vampire cities.

It was only then i noticed his eyes. His eyes were a deep blue color. How could that be? Whenever I was hunting my eyes turned read...

"Maybe thats because i wasn't hunting." He said, reading my mind. I hated that vampires could do that. Only few half-breeds could do that.. But that was only after the tranformation.

"You had better get out of here, you mongrel. You know plenty well the treaty we gave your county if you stayed away from here!" I put as much force into my words as i could, ignoring his last statement. He seemed to ignore everything i said.

I was at least 200 times younger than him. I was only 17. He was what?

"305 years old." Exactly.

I wouldn't last a second.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well i like this one ;] more to come! It gets interesting :P