Demonic Princess Of The Human Race

Monster Inside of Me

"No." My voice dripped with venom.

"what?" He yelled it even though we were only a few feet apart, pulling forward so that he seemed more menacing. It didn't work.

My lips drew back, my teeth being revealed. I knew i was about to do something that i would regret, for my sake, not his. I whipped around and ran from his room. I needed blood.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I let anger and frustration fuel the blood-lust that was eating me from the inside out. Devistation, horror, shame, and pure hatred wound together inside, making my heart grow dark. Something that hadn't happened in a very long time suddenly happened: I felt it happen. Without even realising what i had done -without even caring, i had let the need for blood, the need that drove me to the limits, I let it take over me.
My eyes were a blood red color.

I knelt in the muddy grass, my body's shadows shrouded by the dense trees i hid in. It was getting dark. My eyes flickered back and forth between my prey. I could hear the pumping of their hearts in their weak bodies, their veins flowing with blood. A couple, secluded in a patch of sunlight surrounded by thick trees. I hadn't given my body what it really had desired, not for many many years. It had made me weak and clouded my brain. I knew better now.

I could hardly feel my canines grow twice their size and sink into my gums. Hardly felt myself running faster than the humans eyes could comprehend. I let myself be seen, for a flicker of a second to my prey. I felt their hearts quicken, knowing something was there. Their conversations stopped, their eyes slowly scanning the forest. I was behind them, my heels kicking into the dirt as i thrust my arms outward. Two sickening snaps later, my two precious prey dropped dead from the stump of a tree they sat on. I leaned in close cradling my hands to the blood that oozed out of their veins. Dipping my head i howled for all i was worth before devouring, gorging, myself in the blood.

15 Min. Later i looked at the scene with a sense of displease, and frustration. Blood and different body parts lay scattered across the clearing. The blood lay wasting away on the grass in generous pools of deep red. My cloths were a mess, blood soaked into it. Not to mention my wings were soaked, making them look blood red. I wouldn't be able to fly, not until my wings dried. The blood coated my throat, the acheing was completley gone. The cost of another humans life fed my need for blood.
"Why?" I shouted to no one. 'why?' My echo sounded above the trees. Birds scattered, their furious cawing sounded from every bird. They landed all over the clearing, pecking the ground and rolling in the blood. Every single bird possesed the same feature as a normal pure-bread vampire - the bright red eyes.

I let out a startled screech and pushed off from the ground. The jump pushed my high above the trees and i landed in the treetops three hundred feet away. I repeated the process, breaking the tree limbs in the process. By the time i reached the outskirts of the castle walls i had created a very dramatic scene. I knew that my foolishness and how uncareful i had been in hiding my trail would lead them straight there. Straight to the crime scene. It was pitch black by the time i reached my room. I flung myself into the open window and landed like a cat inside. I sniffed the air, making sure no intruders were here. None. I had been lucky that the palace guards had decided to sneak away for the night. But I wasn't complaining. My uneven breathing slowly became normal again, but the fear in my eyes didn't go away, no matter what i tried to make myself believe i knew the truth of what i saw.

Vampire birds.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]