Do You Have a Soul to Spare?

That's Not Normal

She was staring absently into space as she still questioned Cathy's words.

"You monster!" she accused, yelling and pointing an accusing finger. She kept pushing and pushing until eventually Serena fell backwards, afraid.

"I'm sorry! What did I do?" she asked, trembling.

"It's what you're going to do! And no matter how well I warn you, you're going to make the same mistake you clueless vile girl!" Catherine yelled, not making any attempt to help her up and Serena not making a move to try to stand.

"What?" she asked, confused.

"Forget it, you ditz."


What was she to do? Was she supposed to go with Jayke? Go after Zane? Stay with Zane? Eat fries with Jayke? Well, maybe that one didn't matter, but still: what?

"Serena!" the teacher said in a stern voice. He had obviously been calling that name for sometime.

"I'm sorry. What?" she asked him, not having been paying attention at all.

"I said...." His words became incoherent and she started to get dizzy. What was going wrong? Her tongue felt as though it was burning and bleeding. What was wrong with her? "Serena?" She saw his mouth move, but she collapsed right there, falling to the floor.

She passed out cold on the floor after hearing the confused students make various confused noises, from gasps to what the hell's.

When she awoke she saw that she was in what could easily be assumed as the nurse's office from the horrible and "educational" decor. She looked around and saw Alex looking down at her.

"What happened to you?" he asked. She shook her head.

"I don't know! One second I was fine, then my tongue started to hurt and I got all dizzy.

"Let me seen," he ordered.

"My tongue? I don't see how this..." she mumbled, sticking out her tongue.

"Holy Hell! What the hell?!" he asked, jumping a bit.

"What?" she asked, pulling her tongue back into her mouth.

"There's some kind of insignia on it! And there's a hole in the middle...What did you do?"

"I didn't get a tattoo or tongue piercing if that's what you're saying," she told him.

"That looks like our family's sign..." he said with thought.

Then she recalled awhile back when Zane had pricked her tongue when kissing her. But how would she tell his brother that? Besides, that wouldn't do anything anyway.

"Serena, you look like you know something I don't." he informed her. She gulped.

"I do."

"Well then what?! Out with it you dunce!" he yelled, waving his arms around frantically.

"Zane did it."

"What are you talking about? What?" he asked worriedly.

"Well, we were...kissing and he pricked my tongue accidentally is all..." she mumbled. Alex stared at her.

"Do you know what he did?" he asked. She shook her head. He sighed. "I doubt it was an accident...He claimed you."

Wait, what?