Do You Have a Soul to Spare?

Instant Damnation

"Zane, please sit down."

"No!"

"Zane, please."

Zane had been pacing angrily in his room ever since they had gotten back from Jayke's.

"I can't believe he--Why did he--How could he--?" He kept throwing out incomplete thoughts, pacing back and forth as he tried to form a single question.

"Zane, it's over now."

"No it's not! He can't just get away with that!"

"Zane, please," she begged again. He sighed and sat down.

"He will pay."

"Zane. I love you."

He looked at his reason for living with wary eyes. "I know."

"You didn't get to finish, did you?"

"I'm fine. I didn't get as much blood as I would have liked, but it's enough to keep control over myself."

"Zane, I want you to be done. How much more?"

"Why?" He eyed her suspiciously. The expression gave it away for he shot up to his feet. His face was twisted in horror...or maybe it was agony. "No! No no no. I can't do that."

"Why not?" she pouted, standing up before him.

"If something bad where to happen to you, I would never forgive myself."

"Nothing will. I trust you."

"Yeah, well, I don't trust me!"

"Zane, come on. It's either now when you have some control or later when you don't have any."

Zane's eyes darted, looking for a way out of this conversation.

"Zane. Please. You might lose it and kill me later."

He looked torn when he finally met her gaze. He fell onto the bed, not sure what to do.

"I can't do that to you. It could go wrong in any second! What if I like what I taste so much I can't keep myself from draining you?"

"You're not that hungry, right?"

"I have lust, too, Serena. I'm not as virtuous as you seem to think."

"Honey, I slept with you. I know you're not virtuous." She tried to lighten the mood.

"No. I'm not doing it." It seemed as though he were trying to convince himself rather than her.

"Fine," she smirked. "I'm just going to get some pop." She walked into the kitchen and ran back up. "If you don't mind."

"No, go ahead."

"Ok."

She opened the pop and purposely cut her finger on the tab. "Ouch!" It hurt more than she thought it would.

The can spilled on the ground and she watched as the blood dripped onto his floor. She looked at Zane and he was shaking visibly as he watched the crimson water drip; in a trance. Serena smirked.

"Might as well not let it go to waste, love."

"You play dirty," he breathed unevenly. He crawled over to her and grabbed her wrist. "I can't." He dropped his hand, but couldn't bring himself to let go of hers.

"Zane, just do it."

"No," he whispered, keeping his eyes on the single drop of blood that threatened to fall off her finger.

"I'll do it for you." She jerked her hand from his and pressed her finger to his lips.

"Serena!" His eyes glazed over and he moved her hand away, licking his lips once. He stood up before her and reached out, pulling her to him.

"Zane?" she asked carefully, keeping her voice from quivering as her body was already doing. He didn't respond with words, but tilted her head to the side, moving her hair out of the way.

"It won't hurt," he said smoothly, seductively. Her eyes shot open as the fangs sank in.

It was a strange sensation, but it didn't hurt. It felt as though she couldn't feel her body. That or she wasn't aware of it. But as time passed the feeling switched to a horrid awareness. Not only was she losing her body, she was losing her mind. The edges of her eyesight were black and this darkness was consuming all of her vision.

"Zane." Serena's last attempt to save herself. He ignored it and the light was taken over by the pool of darkness that consumed her mind entirely. She was no longer aware of anything at all.