Do You Have a Soul to Spare?

What is Going On?

"Are you threatening me?" she asked, a bit intimidated. Jayke laughed.

"No. I'm simply telling you it was a one night stand. You and I are nothing but a memory and without that we are nothing. You and Zane are together and it'll stay that way, no matter how bad you want me. I won't take you back, Serena, ok?"

Was he insane?

"I never wanted you!"

"Shh." He put a finger to her lips and she wanted to bite it off, but she restrained herself. "I'm just saying I won't be getting between you two and please pass the word on to Zane. I can't stand him hating me."

"Okay, I will." She thanked God that he finally came to his senses.

"See you later, then." With that he was on his way and Zane walked to Serena.

"What was that about?"

"He said he doesn't want me getting between you two, so he is not going to be drooling after me anymore."

"Good. But I'll believe that when I see it."

Strangely enough, Jay seemed to have been one hundred percent honest when he had said that. For when they went to class he talked to Zane and rarely to Serena. He never glanced at her like he used to. Had he really changed that much? And what had caused this?

"So I found Cherry," Jay was saying to Zane.

"Yeah? Where?"

"She just came up to my house yesterday. I hit that."

"That's something to be proud of?" Zane scoffed and Jay shrugged.

"There's more to her than people seem to think."

"So you and her are an item now?"

"You could say that. And I bet we'll last longer than you and your little pet Serena."

"Jay, don't call her that, please," Zane sighed.

"Touchy, touchy. Alright Mr. Sentimental," he joked. "So you think we could hang out sometime?" Jay asked. Zane glanced to you.

"Serena, would that be alright with you?"

"Yeah, sure." She would feel bad to say no to him spending time with a friend. She was already convinced she was a monster, despite Zane's pep talk.

"Great. How about after school Friday?" Jayke suggested.

"That's fine. Sure. It's a date."

"I'll wear my good heels," Jay promised with a wink.