Why can't you see me?

Who is Mikey?

Frank’s POV

“Mom…do we know anyone called Mikey?”

“No sweetie why?”

“Just…I had…kindov a weird dream, but it doesn’t matter.”

“Sure it’s not the coffee before bed honey?”

“Yeah mom I’m sure.” I lied, to be honest it could be but right now I am honestly not sure. That’s the first dream like that I’ve had.

I managed to get my ass to school only fifteen minutes late and was able to sneak into the back of my History class without Mr. Rush noticing. Seriously I could have had a fit in his lesson and I don’t think he would hade noticed. Then again no one else would either, well I say they wouldn’t notice what I really mean is they wouldn’t care. I’m just that midget loner kid they have to be in the same class as. My day went by as per usual, my life was really boring. I had no friends, lived with my mom cos my parents had divorced years ago and had no girlfriend. I sat at my usual lunch table alone and wallowed in my pity when some kid tripped up near to me and his lunch tray went flying and guess where the contents landed? Yep on me. The courtyard exploded with laughter and I felt my cheeks burn a violent shade of pink; “Perfect” I muttered.

“I’m really sorry” I turned around to look at the kid, just a seventh grader I thought to myself.

“You should be” I spat at him and I ran towards the bathrooms to clean the milk outta my hair.

I stood looking into the bathroom mirror at my reflection; I didn’t look so bad for just having milk splatted on my head, as accidental as it was. My dark brown hair flopped down my face and now the milk had pretty much all drained from my hair. I blocked up the sink and started running the water, I was gonna wash my hair in the sink and then dry it under the hand drier. It was primitive but the best option I had at this particular moment unless I wanted to go around smelling of milk all day.

Once the sink was full I dunked my head into the ice cold water; shit it was cold I thought and as I rinsed my hair I thought about how much I hate seventh graders. I was in tenth grade but at 16 years of age I was still on 5”4. My mom blamed the lack of protein in my diet; I had been a vegetarian ever since they had made us watch a documentary on where meat came from in seventh grade. Once I had rinsed my hair I let it hang under the drier for several minutes until it was dry.

I looked into the mirror to see if my hair was acceptable, not that anyone else would care, but I did. I was about to exit the bathroom when I saw something in the mirror. It was another boy, sitting in the corner crying.

“Mikey…no…please.” The name sent a chill down my spine. It was the name from my dream. The boy in the corner had a curtain of long black hair which was hiding his face from my view. I turned around to go over to the boy, but when I turned around he wasn’t there. I stood there shocked for a minute…HE HAD BEEN THERE! I had seen him! Hadn’t I? Yes! But he wasn’t there, and there was no way he had left, to be honest I hadn’t noticed him coming in at all. I turned on my heels and looked back into the mirror, the empty bathroom was reflected back at me through the cracked mirror. I

felt very unsafe in here and I followed my instincts and ran, nowhere was far enough away, I couldn’t stay here so I jumped the school fence and kept running towards the local park, I got loads of weird looks but I ignored them and didn’t stop running until I reached the park.

I went and sat on the swings and even though I tried to block out all thoughts of the boy in the bathroom, I couldn’t work out one thing.

Who was Mikey?
♠ ♠ ♠
review!!!! comment!!!!!!! whatever!!!!!! thanks