‹ Prequel: I Do Not Fall For Boys

I've Got A Mosaic Heart

The series’ best interest? What about my interests

BAM’S POV
“Mr. Margera, we’re glad you could make it today” some snotty business lady in a suit said in a way that made me feel as though she wasn’t really glad I was here but I ignored it
“Uh, do I just wait here?” I asked uncomfortably
“Yes, we’ll be with you in a moment” she replied pushing her thick glasses higher up her pointy nose.
I amused myself for the next fifteen minutes by making fun of her nose job and play on my phone.
“Mr. Margera, the director will see you now” she said and pointed towards a large glass meeting room
I stumbled in and sat in the leather chair, putting my feet up on the glass table.
“Sup?” I asked, casually.
“Well, Mr. Margera,” the director guy spoke in a really annoying voice that screamed arrogance, “You realize that the media have been very interested with your, um, friendship with Mr. Valo, no?”
I hated it when people put no on the end of a sentence because if you say no is that no as in agreeing with their no or is it no as in apposing to their no...
“Uh, I guess. I dunno” I replied, bored
“Well, Mr. Margera you’re someone that pulls crowds. Females love you and males inspire to be like you” he stated.
What a dumb thing to say. I’m not supposed to be anything, I’m just Bam Margera.
“I’m not following” I said bluntly as I picked at my jeans
“Viva La Bam has been a very successful show in the past because of your persona and this...friendship with Mr. Valo is impairing the show. There’s speculation you are dating this man and it’s not going to help ratings” he explained pacing up and down the room, staring at me the whole time
“Uh, ok?” I replied confused suinting at the guy. He had pig-like beady eyes, a big nose that was way out of proportion to the rest of his wrinkled face and his hair, which apparently he hadn’t noticed was balding, combed back.
“Well, it is in the programs best interest that Mr. Valo is no longer included as part of the series,” he breathed in and continued, “and you stop associating so...closely with Mr. Valo”
“The series’ best interest? F-ck, what about my interests?” I asked, annoyed.
“Well, Mr. Margera. It’s a simple choice. Your career or Mr. Valo” he sniffed
“I’m outta here” I grabbed my jacket and stormed out, slamming the glass door behind me.