‹ Prequel: I Do Not Fall For Boys

I've Got A Mosaic Heart

Silence isn't a good friend, it doesn't reply

BAM’S POV
I felt bad about shouting at Ville and his friends but I just wanted to be left alone. Didn’t I? I thought as I sat hunched over in the dark silence of the room. Silence wasn’t a good friend, it didn’t reply.
I heard the wooden door creak in its hinge, a thin slither of light from the hall. I groaned and turned to face the opposite direction.
“You don’t have to talk if you don’t want to” I heard Lindé’s voice say softly then felt his weight, well lack of really, on the edge of the bed.
“Good cause I don’t wanna” I replied, more spiteful than I intended but he didn’t seem to notice.
“It’s ok, I’ll just talk then” he replied with a shrug
“Like the sound of your own voice” I smirked
“Well, you’re replying to me so you obviously do too” he said, I could hear the sly grin in his voice. I understand you can’t hear a grin, but with Lindé you can tell when he’s talking what his facial expression is.
‘Whatever” I replied abruptly realizing I couldn’t think of anything to say.
“So, it’s something to do with the show, no?”
“I guess”
“You guess? Well thank god you’re so helpful”
“You’re the one wanting to talk”
“And you’re the one who could stop replying at any given time”
“And you’re the one who came here in the first place”
“And you’re the one who won’t tell your boyfriend what’s wrong”
“And you’re the one...the one who...” I paused, I’d never noticed Lindé much before, I mean yeah I knew he existed and everything and I hung out with him heaps but I mean really noticed. Noticed those sparkling eyes, the cute nose...god Bam you can’t even handle Ville right now don’t start with Lindé too. What a manwhore.
“Bam?” Lindé leaned over to see if I was even still listening to him
“Uh, yeah” I shook my head, I must have spaced out for a moment there.
“You just kinda looked stoned off your face then” he giggled scrunching his nose in laughter.
I rolled my eyes and went to sit up but stumbled, my leg caught in a sheet on the bed, I fell with a thump onto the ground, taking Lindé with me. He tumbled and landed on top of me. I couldn’t help but notice how his blonde dreads shook when he laughed.
“You know if you were a councilor, you’d make a lot of people happy” I heard Ville. I glanced up and saw him with a stupid smile on his face, he was standing in the door way.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Lindé asked climbing off me.
“If this is your ‘talking to’ someone” he replied, brushing his fingers through the loose curls in his brown hair.