Relationship Suicide

13

Image

Sunlight poured through the crack in the curtains. It cast a lengthy block of light across Honor's bedroom, illuminating clothes littered across the floor, and two bodies laid in her bed, one wide awake, the other sleeping peacefully.

Of course George could sleep peacefully, without a care or worry in the world. He had everything he wanted now, he'd gotten the girl for himself. With time, Mark would forgive him, for the sake of the band, but forgiveness doesn't mean he's forgotten. He'd still despise Honor, and she knew that.

So with many different thoughts running through her mind, she lay wide awake, propped up on her elbow, she watched George as he slept. His bare chest rising and falling with each deep, even breath he took. His eyelids concealing his amazing eyes from the world. She reached up and twisted a piece of his tousled hair in between her fingers.

The sound of a door opening and shuffling footsteps along the hallway made Honor freeze. She hoped whoever it was didn't decide to check on her for the first time in years. They couldn't catch her in bed with George, when none of them knew. The footsteps sounded as though they were descending the stairs, she relaxed slightly and looked at George to see his eyes were now open, a smile on his face.

"Morning," his voice was raspy, after it's lack of use for the past eight or so hours. He untangled her fingers from his hair and kissed them sweetly, tangling his fingers with her own. "I love you."

Honor felt her heart melt inside her. "I love you, too." She looked at their hands locked together, a perfect fit. Maybe they were meant to be together, but it probably wasn't meant to begin in the way it did.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" He sat up slightly, propping himself up on his elbows, he tilted his head to the side, watching Honor shake her head.

"I've got too much on my mind. I still feel guilty."

"But it feels right, doesn't it?"

She nodded, not being able to deny that it did. It was perfect, being with George, being able to kiss him, hold his hand and hug him, without anyone protesting against that. Now was their chance to have a proper relationship. But it stung Honor to think that maybe, now she was free, now they were allowed to be together, maybe George wouldn't want her anymore. He enjoyed the chase, the adrenalin rush at the mere thought of being caught, now that wouldn't be there anymore, would he still want this?

George leaned across and attached their lips, he pulled away after a second, leaving her wanting more. He was like a drug, his kisses were addictive, sweet and irresistible. He rested his forehead against hers and smiled softly at her. "I should go, we've got a show tonight."

"That's if your guitarist turns up," I rolled my eyes at the thought. Mark might do that, just to spite George. But at the same time, Honor knew he wouldn't throw away the chance of fame and fortune, standing on a stage every night with girls throwing themselves at him, along with the occasional flasher.

"His loss if he doesn't," he flashed her a cheeky grin, kissing her lips again before rolling out of her bed.

She couldn't help but stare as he wandered around trying to locate his boxers that had been carelessly discarded on the carpet the night before. He pulled them on, much to her dismay and picked up the rest of his clothes, pulling them on slowly.

"Not ogling me are you?" He smirked, adjusting his jumper and pulling his jeans up properly.

"Hmmm, maybe," she smiled, sitting up slowly and running a hand through her tangled, tousled hair.

Once George was finished getting dressed, Honor pulled on her own pyjamas and pecked his lips, tangling their fingers together, she lead him down the stairs. The pair trying to keep as quiet as possible, as not to disturb anyone sleeping or the family member who was already downstairs.

She quietly unlocked the front door and opened it a crack so George could slip out. He was standing on the porch, his head blocking Honor from being able to close the door again. "Are you going to come tonight? To the show?"

Honor chewed her lip. Of course the answer would've been obvious if she had still been with Mark, but now she wasn't so sure. She wanted to give them her support, but she didn't want to face the others, the hard stares, the glares, the sneers and bitchy comments she was bound to receive.

"Please?" George was pouting, his eyes wide, pulling off the perfect innocent gaze at her. He knew she'd crack under that, she always did.

"Okay, fine, I'll be there," she said, softly, kissing his lips, watching him grin at her, then slip out of the house, quietly closing the front door behind him.

Honor smiled to herself and skipped off upstairs as quietly as she could, she crept back into her bedroom and climbed back into bed. The duvet cover still smelt like him, the dent in the mattress where he had been laid was still obvious. It was like a ghost, and imprint to show he'd definitely been there.

She wrapped herself up in the cover, inhaling deeply, his scent teasing her nostrils, sending her brain into overdrive. She relaxed, and closed her eyes. A few more hours sleep wouldn't do her any harm, and when she woke she'd be refreshed and ready to mentally prepare herself for tonight's main event. No one was going to ruin it, not even the guilt that was still hacking away at her heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's only two parts left.
I'll be sad to see this go, I think.
Thank you for comments and such.