Are You Insane? No I'm in Love!

"I'm Not Psychotic, I Just Like Psychotic Things.”

Jennifer Lee‘s POV

“Bye Jennifer! See you tomorrow!” exclaimed my friends Ali, Beccy, Tara and Tilania as I hopped off the school bus and onto my driveway.
“Bye guys love ya!” I hollered as I skipped up my driveway and into the mansion of a house.

“Mom, I’m home!” I slammed the door and threw my book bag onto a kitchen chair. “Hi hunny,” she called walking out of the living room, “how was my big girl’s first day of high school?”

“It… it was okay I guess.” I said while rummaging through the pantry.
“You guess? What, nothing good, bad, or ugly?” she asked running a hand through my thick curly hair.

I just nodded as I pulled out and began to munch on a Rice Crispy Treat.

“Well that’s kinda boring. Oh, I forgot… here you go, I thought you might be interested in this…” my mom handed me a newspaper article.

It read…

Five Bodies Recovered In Gotham Bank. Is Batman to Blame?

“Golly Mom, thanks!” I smirked at my vocabulary that had been out of date since the nineteen-fifties.
“Well… if my little girl really, truly wants to study psychopaths and serial killers and whatnot, I guess I have no other choice than to give you an early start.” my mom sighed.

“Aww, mom c'mon the slightest amount of disapproval is the last thing I need from you. Besides, psychology runs in the family!” I debated.

“Yes, yes, I know; but for all I know you could turn into one of those psychotic people you study and end up biting someone’s arm off for breakfast.”

“Mom, that’s a cannibal. I will not turn into a cannibal and I will not, nor will I ever become psychotic. I just happen to like psychotic things.”

She sighed as I gave her a gigantic hug and raced up to my room.

“Oh, Jen, Dad called and said to he’d be home early so we’re gonna be eating around five! Do you have your homework finished?!”
I yelled back yes, saying that I already finished it at school and checked it over twice. With that, I closed my door and plopped down onto my made up bed.

“Oh Nedji…” I sighed, petting my big black fat lump of a cat who just barely managed to crawl onto my bed. In response, she just sat and purred.
“Hmm,” I sighed, tapping my fingers onto the newspaper article, “well… what do you think of Batman; a helpful hero or complete nutcase?” I asked to her.

“Meow”

“Yep, my thought’s exactly.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I named my cat after one of the character's in Naruto. Shoot me. ^-^

If any of you have any ideas, or advice that could help me through out the story, feel free to comment or message me.

I would like to dedicate this chapter to my amazing friend, Bryn (Jack J. Napier)
She's the one who helped me and inspired me to get this all started.
Love ya girly! ^_~