Are You Insane? No I'm in Love!

Another One Bites The Dust

Jennifer Lee’s POV

“In you go!” Joker pushed me into the passenger’s seat of the van.

“Oh for the love of- do you have any idea what a concussion is? Well if you don’t you’re gonna find out soon because you’re GIVING ME ONE!” I yelled.

“Well, someone’s in a pissy mood.”

“Gee, I wonder why.” I rolled my eyes.

“It’s because of PMS thing you broads get, right?” he looked at me, in return… I just glared.

As the three clowns were about to get into the van, Joker stopped them, “You three stay behind… wouldn’t want any of our “candidates” running off.” he murmured. With that, they just nodded and headed back into the building.

“Now, buckle your seatbelt children, we’re going on a field trip!”

As I searched around I made a discovery, “But… there aren’t any seatbelts!”

“Hmmph, oh well.” Joker shrugged as he stepped on the gas, sending me flying yet again.

About half way to wherever we were going, Joker started to laugh maniacally, “WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING?!” I screamed as we just missed hitting a street corner mailbox.

“Cause my dear, I’m having my daily joygasam!” he stuck his head out the window like a dog sniffing the cool night air.

“JOYGASAM MY ASSHOLE YOU SICK BASTARD!”

*******************************************************************************

After ten minutes or swerving and dodging almost everything in the entire city, we came to a squealing halt in front of a huge abandoned meat factory.

“Whoa…”

“Common! Common! We can’t keep our friend waiting.” he pranced into the building.

“Wait a friend… WHAT FRIEND ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!” I yelled, chasing after him.

When I finally caught up after chasing him for five minutes, I could see he was standing over a frightened chubby man tied to chair, who was wearing some kind of mask.

Joker turned to me with a video camera in hand as well as a blindfold.

As he wrapped the blindfold around my eyes, I felt him put something into my hands.

It must’ve been the camera.

“Hold this, and keep it steady.” he demanded as I felt him press a few buttons. When he was finished, I could hear him somewhat stomping over to a certain area of the room.

“Tell me your name.” he ordered.

“Brian… Douglas” he whimpered.

I wanted to plug my ears, aware of what was about to occur, but it was like a piece of juicy gossip… I just couldn’t help but listen in.

“So Brian, are you the Batman?” Joker circled around Brian, his hands behind his back?

“No”

“No? Then why do you dress like him? Whooo-hoo-hoo-hoo!” Joker began to giggle insanely as he dangled Brain’s mask in front of the camera.

Brian finally got some courage to speak up. That was a big mistake on his part.
“Because he's a symbol that we don't have to be afraid of scum like you.”

“Oh you do, Brian. You really do. Yeah. Oh shh, shh, shh, shh, shh. So, you think Batman's made Gotham a better place? Hmm? Look at me. LOOK AT ME!” Joker demanded as he pulled the camera closer.

“You see? This is how crazy Batman's made Gotham! You want order in Gotham? Batman must take off his mask and turn himself in. Oh, and every day he doesn't, people will die. Starting tonight. I'm a man of my word ” he howled with laughter, sending chills down my spine.

I then heard a clicking sound. It was a switchblade.

"Here's day number one!"

“Wait, no! Plea-” he cried out.

Brian never finished his sentence.

“But guess what Gotham, I’m not done yet! You see… as well as being a man of my word, I’m also a man who comes prepared!”

With that I could feel Joker grabbing the camera out of my hands and putting me into a headlock.

“Hey! Ah, stop it!” I yelp as his grip grew tighter, “Now, tell them your name sweetheart” he breathed down my neck.

“Bite me!” I spat as I struggled to get out of his grip, “Say. Your. NAME!” he roared as he pressed the already blood stained knife to my neck.

I stood there silent, filled with fear.

I was about to answer, but Joker interrupted while pressing his cheek against mine “Well, name or not… I can tell we’re gonna have lots and lots of fun. Remember Gotham, if the Bat doesn’t come forward… this girl’s blood will stain my gloves” he cackled as he shut the camera off.

After a few minutes I felt him remove the blindfold but he still continued to be attached to my cheek, breathing heavily.

“Uh… you gonna let me go? Cause seriously, you have B.O.” I pointed out, moving a strand of his faded green hair away from my face.

“Well,” he clicked his tongue, “I would… but you’re so warm.”

After five minutes, he did indeed let me go… but only to go over to the slumped over body. “So… what are you gonna do with him?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Well… we’re gonna give him a makeover and hang him up so all of Gotham can see his new pretty face, and when I say ‘we’ I mean you.”

“HEY, THAT’S NOT FAIR! I DIDN’T EVEN KILL THE GUY!”

“… do as I say, girl. I’m going to get the rope.” Joker said in a gruff tone as he simply walked over and out of the room.

“Whoa, wait a minute; what the heck am I supposed to paint on his face, a fucking unicorn?” I asked.

Joker turned his head and pointed to his own face, “Give him a smiley face. Like me! It makes the world seem less violent and… more happy” as he walked away.

“The world would be less violent if more people used hula-hoops” I muttered as I started to paint the man’s face. While painting, I was beginning to think about my parents… my brother… my friends… I hoped that they would try and find me. I also hoped that if they did… it wouldn’t be too late.

“Are you done yet?

“Ah!” I looked up to see clown man looking down at me. “Sheesh… yes I am… what the hell are we gonna do with this guy’s body?”

“Like I said… we’re gonna hang him up. Our next stop: Mayor Garcia’s office!” He jumped up and down.

“Oh no, more driving”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys about the long wait.
I've been busy with a lot of things. =]

I'll try and start writing the next chapter when I can.
XOXO | J