Are You Insane? No I'm in Love!

"WHAT?!"

Jennifer Lee’s POV

“JenJen… JenJen, wake up.” came a small voice, while someone softly shook me.

“Mmm… what is it?” I slowly opened my eyes, to see a little boy, no older than the age of six looking down at me.

“Oh, hey Bryan, what’s wrong buddy?”

“Mommy says daddy’s home, and it’s time for dinner.”

“Okay little bro, tell mom I’m coming.”

He nodded, “Alright, but hurry up! I’m really, really hungry!” and with that, he skipped out of the room.

I just shook my head and smiled. When it comes to my little brother, if he were given the choice between saving your life, and receiving chocolate chip cookies… chances are, you’d be dead.

He's still my little bro though, and I love him to death.

*******************************************************************************

“JEN GET YOUR--”

“I’m here mom, I’m here don‘t worry.” I came skipping into the kitchen.

“Why hello there, little Miss Sleeping Beauty, you’re finally awake.”

“Hi Daddy” I squealed, running over and giving him a big hug. “Wait, how did you know I was asleep?”
“Well, a little birdie by the name of Bryan flew onto my shoulder and told me all about it.” he looked over at my little brother, making him giggle.

“He also told me you snore like a lumberjack.”

“HEY!” I pouted.

“Okay guys, dinner is ready.” Mom said as she put the last plate of food onto the kitchen table.

Dinner went as it usually does: everybody talks, everybody laughs, the occasional debate and not to mention a dessert of some sort that mom made while Bryan and I were at school.

I’m glad she’s a stay-at-home mom.

“Mom, dad, can I be excused?” Bryan asked. My mom gave a quick nod and happily he left to continue to count his extensive Pokemon collection.
As I got up to leave, mom said, “Jennifer Lee Blackwell, can you sit down for a second? Your father and I would like to discuss something with you.”

Uh-oh, full name and that can’t be good.

“Um, okay” I mumbled as I slouched down into my seat.

My father cleared his throat, “… Jennifer, your mother and I were talking and-”

“I swear to God whatever is it, I didn’t do it! It’s all Bryan’s fault!” I said quickly in defense.

My parents gave each other a confused look. “Hunny, you’re not in any kind of trouble” my mom said as she got up to clear some of the plates.

“Nope not one bit. Now I want you to listen carefully, alright?” my father asked as I slowly nodded my head.

“Your mother and I have been talking… we know that you want to become a psychologist, and I’m proud of you for making that decision, although your mother had been a bit weary about it; but that’s not the point of this conversation. Anyway, we know how bad you’d like to become a psychologist and I had a talk with my boss today and… well, we managed to get on the subject of you. I brought up this idea I've had for a little while, and he agreed with my idea a hundred and ten percent. I also talked with your mother and she’s agreed as well. Now I‘m running it by you… Jennifer Lee Blackwell, how would you like to have a job at Arkham?”

I spit out my soda in shock.

“WHAT?!” my jaw dropped.

“I said-” my dad started again.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what you said!”

“Would you like the job?”

“So wait… we’re talking about Arkham here?! As in Gotham’s Arkham?! As in Arkham Asylum?! The Arkham?! Are you joking?!”

“Whoa, slow down missy! Yes, you’re father is talking about Arkham where he works. No, your father isn’t joking and everyone at the office has heard how you were so disappointed that they never had a ‘Take Your Child To Work Day’ there, so they were quite accepting of the idea” explained my mom, slightly laughing.

“Ha, ha, ha, very funny; so, what’s my job?”

“Well, you’ll have to wait and find out” my dad winked.

“When do I start?!” I asked anxiously. My dad replied “You start tomorrow, immediately after school.”
I jumped up and gave him the biggest hug ever, “Oh my God, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You won’t regret this dad, I promise!”
With that I gave both my parents a quick kiss on the cheek, and raced up to my room.

I had to start planning for the day ahead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, second chapter!
And I have eight subscribers already!
You guys are awesome, so give yourself a pat on the back!

Remember, comments = updates!

XOXO | J