Are You Insane? No I'm in Love!

"You Ready?"

Jennifer Lee‘s POV

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, let me get this straight,” my friend Tilaina shouted over hundreds of other voices in the bustling cafeteria, “you… you’re gonna be working in Arkham Asylum… are you nuts?!”

“I hang out with you don’t I?” I smirked.

Tara spoke up, “Seriously Jen,’” she said, turning her attention to me, “you’re gonna be working in that old nut factory? Aren’t you scared?”

“Of course she’s not, she partially insane herself. She’s gonna fit right in” said Ali as she took a sip of her milk.
“Look guys, just calm down. I’ll be fine. Besides, you all know how long I’ve wanted to do this, and now I finally get the chance! This is a great opportunity for me!”

They all just sat back and sighed, “You are still gonna have time to hang out with us, right?” Beccy asked.

“Yeah, of course I will!”

“Okay then, so how about next Thursday we all go shopping and maybe catch a movie? I hear they‘re coming out with a new zombie flick!” Tara piped up.
We all agreed as we sat and continued to eat our lunch until the bell rang; only a few more hours till my dream coming true.

*******************************************************************************

Finally, after what seemed to be a freaking eternity the final bell had rang.

“Alright class, I expect that paper on my desk, by next week. Oh and Ms. Jennifer, excellent job on that last quiz. The rest of the kids could learn a thing or two from you.” said my history teacher as I was getting up to leave.
I said my thanks and gave a quick goodbye as a raced out the door, my school crap already packed.

Sure enough, as I walked out of the building, I saw my dad waiting in his Jeep.
“Hi daddy” I hopped in, giving him a kiss on the cheek, and throwing the rest of my stuff in the back. “You ready to go?”

“Yes!”

“Wait… you’re not ready? How can you not be ready?”

“C'MON DAD, LET’S GO!”

“Okay, okay. Fine!” he chuckled as he put the car gear and began to cruise down the road.

“So, who am I gonna be evaluating today, hmm? Give me a clue!” I turned to him.
“Simple, no one.” he stated, keeping his eyes on the road.

I turned to him with shock, “WHAT THE HELL?! Dad, I thought you said I was gonna be working at the asylum!”

Dad quickly glared at me “First off, do not use that tone of voice with me young lady or that vulgar language; it’s non-lady like and it makes you seem unintelligent and classless. That is not the Blackwell way.”

“But… but dad…” I pouted.

“Hunny,” his voice got soft as he readjusted his glasses, “I know you’re disappointed in not working with the patients… but you need to understand that you are fifteen years old and that is no age to encounter these people. They are very sick and they could hurt you, and I don’t want that happening to my little girl. You’ll be working in the archives filing and will go no place else.

I was about to open my mouth but he cut me off, “Let me rephrase that: you’ll be working in the archives and go no place except for the bathroom and maybe the lounge for coffee; other than that, nowhere else. Is that clear?”

“But da-”

“Is. That. Clear?” he repeated.

“Yes sir” I sighed, slouching in my seat as we approached the gates to the asylum. Dad exchanged a few words with the guard before the gates finally opened, letting us in.

Welcome to Arkham Asylum.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! I never thought I'd have this many readers!
I swear, the next couple chapters will get interesting!
A soon-to-be villain might even make an apperance! You'll have to read to find out who.
Comments are appreciated. ^_~

XOXO | J