Are You Insane? No I'm in Love!

Good Morning, Princess

Third Person POV

When Jennifer awoke in the bed the following morning, everything that had happened over the previous day had come back to her. She remembered having to cry herself to sleep, the dead bodies on the floor and of course, the sinister smile.

As she tried to get up, she was instantly pulled back down onto the mattress.

“Hey, what the-”

A voice came from the other side of the bed, “Good morning, Princess.”

Jen looked over to see beside her; there was Joker who was half awake, lying underneath the sheets; his make-up starting to fade.

“AH!” Jen yelped as she fell out of the bed, hitting the floor with a thud, “OW!”

“My, my, don’t we have a tendency to fall off of things?” the man snickered at his own innuendo.

Jen just sighed in frustration, “Well excuse me, but I’m not used to waking up every morning to find Bobo the Clown sleeping next to me!”

Joker grumbled as he got out of bed, and went over to the other side where the young girl sat on the floor. As he pulled Jennifer up, he roughly threw her onto the bed, and pinned her limbs down.

As she struggled, The Joker began to speak in a low, gruff tone, “Don’t ever call me that again, or that pretty face of yours…” he traced his fingers around her jaw bone, “won’t be so pretty. Now c'mon!” he jumped off of her and once again, grabbed her arm.

“Ow! Ow! Where are we even going!?” she asked as she stumbled along.

“The kitchen”

*******************************************************************************

“Now, sit down n’ eat” Joker ordered as he pushed down into an empty chair.

“Aye, aye Captain D-Bag” she muttered under her breath.

As she started to fiddle around with the cold oatmeal that had been out since God knows when, she looked up to see three other clowns staring at her.

“Um... hello”

Two of the clowns said nothing and continued with their breakfast.

“Don’t mind them, they’re always grumpy” came a small voice, Jen looked over to see a young man in his twenties, with pink hair and what appeared to be hazel eyes.

“Oh,” she stammered.

“I’m Krist, and those two are Bruiser and Clyde” he introduced.

“I’m Jennifer Lee” she semi-smiled.

“So, why are you here? You look like you’re too smart for this shit going on here” he asked.

“Well, to make a long story short… family argument, ran out, got into a bad part of town, now I’m here… there goes my dream of being a psychologist.” Jen sighed as she slouched down into her chair.

“Wow, you wanted to become a psychol-” but Krist was immediately cut off as the Joker strode into the room, looking dressed to the nines and his make-up freshly applied.

“Is everybody ready for today?” he asked in a voice, as if the room was filled with five year olds.

The two clowns nodded, while Krist whispered a soft yes.

“Ahem…” Jen cleared her throat, “what exactly am I gonna do?” she asked, afraid of the answer.”

“Well, today… I am feeling a bit… charitable.” The Joker spoke, as he took out a yellow pencil from his coat pocket, examining it, “So, you’ll be staying here and getting to know the place. But mark my words, you try anything... you’ll end up like Twittle Dee and Twittle Dumb over there” he motioned over with his pencil towards the living room.

“Let’s go boys.”

With that being said, the four men walked out of the kitchen and were gone.

Jen just sat on the kitchen chair, not knowing what to do. She knew better than to run around the building and try to find a way out. It would be completely useless, and if she did, The Joker would most definitely find out too.

As she looked around the kitchen from where she sat, she noticed that the Joker and his goons weren’t exactly the best housekeepers.

“Looks like a goddamn pig sty” she said aloud.

“Hmmm…” she pondered, eyeing a few dish towels and a mop, as well as a broom.

“Well… if I’m gonna be held captive here for the rest of my life, I might as well like how it looks”

Immediately, Jennifer got to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you're guessing... keep guessing.
I'm not letting anything slip.
I get to see The Dark Knight tomorrow!
Keep reading!
XOXO | J