Overrated

Chapter 3

Memory's POV:

My first class was musical basics with Mr. Greyson. It took me sometime to find my class because Brendan was a photographer so he wasn't in the same arts buliding as me. When I walked in I noticed that nearly everyone crowded around a very smug looking Haley Crane. I saw her nod towards me and her whole 'possy' looked in my direction baring teeth, claws and glares. I walked pass them to get a seat at the back. I heard whispers of 'That's her the slut that called Haley shit' and 'Dead girl walking' or my personal favorite 'Let the games begin bitch' oh yes let the games begin.

I sat down in the second to the last row and leaned back in my seat. I was hoping that this class would be fun but it looks like it has been turned into a battle field. The few people who weren't in Crane's Army avoided me like the plague they must know about me being on the shit list. I was out of luck and on my first day too.

I waited paitently for class to begin. I tapped my pencil on the desk and slightly jumped when the bell rang. I looked around and there was no teacher in sight. Where in the hell was Mr. Greyson? All of a sudden there was commotion out side and we heard someone skid across the floor. And then before we knew it a man burst through the classroom door.

"Sorry about that class," he said straightening his black leather jack, "i woke up late and well I think that half of my lesson plan is splayed out across the hallway so we'll just go with the flow." His voice held a bit of an irish accent.

My first impression of Mr. Greyson was 'how can this guy be a teacher?'. Mr. Greyson had the total will-play-music-for-food look down. His brown hair was both shaggy and curly like he just woke up and his eyes were a deep blue. All in all he looked like someone who had been through the whole underbelly of the music biz thing. Playing on the streets with a guitar case at your feet, singing at a bar when your only 16 he looked like he had done all of the things I longed to do.

"Okay boys and girls," Mr. Greyson said, "I'm sure you all know what class we're in and if not I have it written on the board and for you silly illiterates I will tell you all." he spoke with humor in his voice. "You my dear pupils have walked into the greatest class in all history," he shouted to the class with bravado. "Welcome to Musical Basics!" A big grin was plastered over his face. And the grin just got bigger as the whole class groaned.

The next 20 minutes was spent talking about half notes and whole notes. To tell you the truth it was boring but I took notes anyway. As I scribbled down some more notes I felt something hit the side of my head and then a paperball fell onto my desk. I paused for a moment and looked in the direction in which the paperball came and looked at the smug face of Haley Crane. 'Open it.' she mouthed. So I did but I never got to read what was inside because all of a sudden a voice besides me rang out "Mr. Greyson Memory is passing notes!" I looked to my right to see one of Crane's platic army smirking at me.

Mr. Greyson walked over to my desk and read the note to himself. "Hmm very interesting please stay after class Ms. Jones." he said in a true teacher voice. So this was the game they were gonna play well mama don't take no shit from no one.

I was just about aiming a paper ball at Crane's head when there was a loud BOOM! as the classroom door burst open for the second time except this time it would reveal something very far from a teacher.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hah i did an effing cliffy WHOOOOOO!...okay so the momentum has worn off and now i need to get some sleep. yea review and comment if you like and all that good stuff....

maluhia
-purple