I'm Not Your Protege, Just Your Kid

Chapter Nineteen

The hate I have for Gena is so brutal and severe you guys would be terrified to know what goes on in my mind when I see her. When she ran off Gabby on Saturday she really fucked up things. Zack was so depressed on Sunday that he called off the hockey game with us, automatically making Devon and I win the challenge. Of course that pissed me off because now I don’t even know when I’ll be able to play hockey again.

Devon and I tried to cheer Zack up but nothing had worked. Hell, I tried being civil to Gena just for his benefit, but not even that worked. Those were the worse two hours of my life. Just because I wasn’t cursing at her, she automatically thinks we’re friends now. Just the thought makes the contents in my stomach boil and my gag reflexes kick in.

“Come on guys!” Zack called from downstairs.

“We’re coming!” I called back and fixed my clothes.

I finished and went downstairs where Zack was waiting to take Devon and I to school. He walked out the door and Devon and I followed behind.

“You know he needs to quit acting like a girl on her period. It’s really starting to annoy the shit out of me,” I grumbled to Devon before we got in the car where Zack was waiting for us.

“Well, Gena ran away the woman he likes. If I was him I’d be a bit depressed too,” Devon explained.

“Oh boo fucking hoo. He needs to get over it already. If he wants Gabby than he needs to get rid of that whore Gena,” I harshly whispered to Devon as Zack sped down the road.

“It’s not easy for a guy to break it off with a girl he’s been with for years,”

“How would you know? You never had a girl before,” I told Devon with an arched eyebrow.

“That’s not the fucking point,” he hissed at me.

“Than what is?” I asked.

“We have to make Zack realize that Gena isn’t the one for him and that Gabby is,” he explained.

“And how will we do that?”

“Show him who Gena really is. We have to somehow make her true colors come out,”

“That won’t be too hard,” I shrugged.

“And when we get rid of her that’s when Gabby steps in. It should be easy after Gena is gone. I mean have you seen the way Gabby and Zack look at each other? It’s obvious they like each other,” Devon told me.

“You know, sometimes I wonder if you’re really supposed to be the girl and me the guy,”

Devon glared at me and gave me the middle finger. I stuck my tongue out at him and looked out the window as Zack kept driving.

We finally pulled up to the school and Zack parked the car.

“Bye Zack,” I called out to him.

“Bye,” he half-way waved to Devon and I.

I shut the door and he drove off without another look back. Devon and I continued up the walk-way to our lockers when I heard my name being called. From afar I could see Noah and unfortunately Erica.

“Stupid fucking bitch,” I mumbled to myself.

“What did you say?” Devon asked me.

“Nothing,” I shook my head and we continued walking over to Noah and Erica.

“Hey guys,” Noah said to us.

“Hey,”

“How did the hockey game go yesterday?” he asked.

“We didn’t exactly get to play,” I told him.

“Why not?” he asked.

I was going to answer him but Erica had started to kiss him in the middle of our conversation. I felt puke travel up my throat but I kept it down.

“That’s so rude!” someone yelled, and threw an apple core at the back of Erica’s head.
“You stupid bitch,” Erica curse, turning around and looking at a skinny girl who was sitting on the grass, leaning against the tree.

“I’m not the one who cut off someone’s conversation by sticking my tongue down a guy’s throat,” she argued and she narrowed her brown eyes at Erica. Now that I looked at the girl, both of them had a slight resemblance.

“God, I can’t believe we’re related,” Erica huffed and threw a lock of hair behind her shoulder.

“Don’t worry, I’m not really fond of having you as my cousin either,” the girl snapped. “Geez Noah, didn’t I teach you any better?” she scolded Noah.

I turned to Devon to say something but he was too busy staring at the girl. I waved my hand in front of his face but he wasn’t blinking. I sighed and rubbed my hands together. I smacked him hard on the cheek and he snapped out of it.

“What was that for?” he whined.

“You weren’t paying attention,” I simply told him.

“Whatever,”

“Guys these are my friends,” Noah said and turned to the group who were sitting on the floor and glaring at Erica walking away.

“This is Caleb, his girl Eva. I’m pretty sure you all know Alex from the apple incident,” Noah said and pointed to the girl that Devon was staring at. “That’s Aiden, Will and Eva's brother Evan.

“Guys this is Devon and Jayden, they just moved here from Detroit,” Noah told the group.

“Hey,” the group chorused to us.

The bell rang and everyone that was in the courtyard slowly started to leave and go to their homeroom classes.

“Alright, we’ll see you guys later,” Noah said and walked off with his group of friends.

Alex grinned at Devon and walked away with Evan. Devon of course was still staring at her figure until she was swallowed up in the mob of students.

“I think I’m in love,” he sighed and I rolled my eyes.

“Come on lover boy,” I said and started dragging him towards class.

“Devon she is not in love with you,” I sighed as Devon walked in behind me into the house.

“Yes she is! Don’t say that,” he whined as we walked closer to the family room where we heard voices.

“Devon, you just met Alex today,” I tried to reason with him.

“So what? She grinned at me which in my opinion is a clear sign that she’s interested in me,” he said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“No she’s not,” I argued and stepped foot in the family room where the guys were sitting with an older man in a business suit.

Everyone looked at us and stopped talking.

“Sweet Jesus, do you guys want us to do a fucking trick?!” I snapped.

I stomped into the kitchen and started looking for something to eat. This wasn’t good, either I was starting to have withdrawals from not taking drugs in a while or I was getting cramps.

“Jayden?” someone timidly asked.

“Who ate all the fucking cookies?!” I screamed to the person, who unluckily was poor Johnny.

His eyes widened and he hauled ass out the kitchen. I sighed and put my head in my hands.

I walked into the family room again and saw Johnny cowering next to Jimmy.

“Jayden can I talk to you?” Zack asked and grabbed me by the arm. He brought me outside and I snatched my arm back.

“What?” I asked.

“Well that’s one of the head executives in there from the record company,” he told me.

“And?” I asked.

“Well we’re going on tour in 3 months and-”

“Tour?! Holy shit I’ve always wanted to go on tour,” I cut him off.

“Jayden wait! He wanted for us to make another DVD during the whole five month tour and I didn’t think you would like the idea much so I didn’t make plans for you to come,” he told me.

“Oh okay,” I said. “Well at least I have Devon with me,” I said.

“Uh, well he’s coming on tour with us too,” he scratched the back of his head.

“Wait, am I the only one not coming on tour?!” I screeched.

“Yeah,” he said.

“This is such fucking bullshit!” I hollered for the whole neighborhood to hear.

“Jayden calm-”

“No! I will not calm down! I want to go on tour too!” I yelled.

“There’s no more room for you,” Zack said.

“Fine! Fuck this!” I yelled and stomped back in the house.

Devon tried calling me back but I ignored him. I was more furious at him because he probably already knew about this and didn’t tell me. He grabbed my arm and I spun around. I punched him in the mouth and he let go.

“Fuck off Devon! You know how much I’ve always wanted to go on tour! And you didn’t even argue with fat ass over there to let me go!” I yelled and ran up the stairs.

I got up to my room and slammed the door shut. I threw myself on my bed and grabbed a pillow. I put it over my face and screamed into it. I threw it across the room and I decided to go to sleep seeing as how I wasn’t going to show my face downstairs for another couple of hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update from my kind little heart. =]
Tell me what you think.