I'm Not Your Protege, Just Your Kid

Chapter Forty-Four

Jayden’s P.O.V

So, Zack had confessed to the guys why Devon and I were acting the way we were. Of course he had gotten an earful from the guys for accusing us of stealing. Well, he did have a valid reason as to why he would accuse us of stealing our track records weren’t exactly squeaky clean. Wait, what the fuck am I saying?! That fat old man accused us of stealing money to buy his gift. That’s the last time I ever put thought and time into someone’s gift. He’s lucky Devon and I did a lot for his birthday.

I had sung ‘Seize The Day’ to Zack while Devon played an acoustic guitar. While we were performing there was a slideshow playing behind us that consisted of pictures of the guys, my self and Devon and pictures we had taken with just Zack. Most of them were from the day we went to the beach with Atreyu and Papa Roach. Zack actually had tears in his eyes when we were done performing. Of course I called him a drama queen when I saw that. I swear the older men get the more emotional they are.

Anyways, we were going to make Zack pay for accusing us of stealing but that would mean that we would be going back to square one and that wouldn’t help the situation. Devon and I weren’t going to sink down a level just because we were mad. Of course it hurts that our own father doesn’t even trust us but it already happened and there’s no going back. We’re still not talking to him and its going to stay that way until he apologizes to us.

Xxx

It was New Years Eve and all of us had to spend it in Boston. We were currently cramped in one hotel room waiting for the ball in Times Square to drop in a few minutes. Some of the guys were already on the phone talking to their girlfriends because at midnight all the phone lines were going to get tied up and busy and they wouldn’t get a chance to talk to the girls back home. I was texting Aiden and Devon was talking to Alex outside on the balcony.

About two days after we got back on tour Zack finally manned up and apologized to Devon and I. I knew it was hard for him to do cause he never thinks he’s wrong about anything but when he is it’s like pulling a tooth to get him to apologize to someone. Of course we gave him shit for accusing us of stealing but in the end we forgave him. We can’t stay mad at this man forever. Not only is he our father but he willingly took us into his home and is still taking care of us the best way he can.

“How come you haven’t called Gabby yet?” I asked Zack who was sitting next to me on the couch.

“I’m too nervous,”

I raised an eyebrow at him. “You’re nervous? Why?”

“Because, Gabby’s different. She always made me nervous even when we were little kids. Wait, why am I talking to you about my feelings?”

“I was just about to ask you the same exact thing,” I chuckled. “Well if you’re going to call her I suggest you grow some balls quick and do it because it’s almost midnight and the phone lines are going to be fucked up,”

“Alright I will,” he took out his phone to dial Gabby and I went back to texting Aiden so he could have his privacy.

“30 seconds to go!” Jimmy cheered and sat down in front of the T.V., blocking everyone’s view of the screen.

“Move your ass Jimmy!” Matt yelled.

“You could’ve said excuse me,” he pouted but still moved out the way and stood behind the couch.

Everyone started counting down and soon enough we were all screaming ‘happy new year’ to each other. Jimmy and Johnny were blowing into some stupid plastic things that made noise and throwing confetti at everyone. I felt someone’s hand around my neck and I was pulled closer and the person had planted a kiss on my forehead. I pushed the person away and saw that it was Zack who had kissed me on the forehead.

“Zack!” I yelled and punched him on the arm. “What the fuck are you doing?”

“I was giving you a kiss on the forehead,” he shrugged.

“My first kiss of the year was supposed to be from Aiden, not you!” I pouted and wiped away his kiss from forehead.

“Oh well you’re my daughter so I can do that,” he smiled.

“You suck,” I said and crossed my arms.

“I love you too,” he said and ruffled my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's short. And I'm terribly sorry that I havent updated in so long. I've just been busy trying to pay for my college classes and with my sister's wedding, but all is well now! I'm going to be updating like crazy! =]