I'm Not Your Protege, Just Your Kid

Chapter Nine

Someone started shaking me and I dug myself deeper into my sheets. Today was Monday and my first official day at Huntington Beach High School, home of the Oilers. Seriously, what kind of mascot is an Oiler? What the hell is the costume supposed to look like? Anyways, I wasn’t looking forward to it because everyone would recognize Devon and mines new last name. I still don’t see why we couldn’t keep moms maiden name.

“Jay? Get up it’s your first day of school,” Zack said pulling back my covers.

“Fuck off Zack,” I grunted.

Even if Zack met us three days ago, Devon and I were still a bit cold towards Zack and the guys.

I heard him sigh and walk out of my newly painted baby blue room and into Devon’s. it wasn’t until a few seconds later that Devon told Zack to ‘suck a dick and get out.’

I chuckled and pulled myself out of bed. I walked over to Devon’s room and stood beside his bed where Zack was.

“Devon, get up before I call the cops and tell them what’s really inside of that inhaler of yours,”

He immediately shot up and sent me a glare.

“I’ll tell them that the white powder on your face at the party wasn’t from your unhealthy obsession with powdered doughnuts,” he said getting out and going to his closet.

“Whatever,” I mumbled.

I went back over to my room and picked out some clean underclothes with a pair of blue Dickies that were two sizes too big and a white wife beater. I went into the bathroom and shut the door. I brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower.

I was almost done straightening my hair when Devon walked in.

“We have to leave in five minutes,”

“Alright,”

I finished my hair and unplugged everything. I carefully put on some eyeliner and mascara and went to my bed. I sat down and put on my old converse like Devon had and snatched my cell phone off the side table.

“Let’s go,” I sighed to Devon.

He lugged himself off my bed and followed me downstairs where Zack was waiting with the guys. I rolled my eyes at the sight of them and crossed my arms.

“Don’t you guys ever go home?” I snapped.

“We do but we didn’t want to miss our niece and nephews first day at Huntington,” Matt said.

“Are we blood related?” Devon asked.

“No,”

“Than we’re not your niece and nephew,”

I swear Devon can be harsher than me, and that’s saying something because I openly admit that I’m mean.

“Hey guys, smile!” Zack said.

Devon and I turned and a flash went off making me become cross eyed.

“Come on lets go,” Zack announced.

We followed him as a chorus of ‘bye’ came from behind.

“Have a good day at school,” Jimmy yelled.

I threw my middle finger up in the air and shut the door.

We pulled up to the school where kids could be seen in separate groups. Devon and I hopped out the truck and started up the walkway as Zack pulled off.

“Where the fuck are the classrooms?” I asked.

“Have no idea. I only see portable and buildings,” Devon said.

I shrugged it off and we kept walking through the halls trying to find the office. We came out into a big grassy area that had a staircase like formation on the other side leading to the next building. A teacher was standing in front of a classroom and decided to ask her where the office was because lets face it. Devon and I were bound to get lost and never find the office.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Yes?” she asked looking up at us.

“Where’s the office at?” Devon asked.

“Keep going straight than make a right and the office will be right there,” she answered with a smile.

“Thanks,”

Devon and I finally made it to the office just as the bell started to ring. Kids pushed past us giving us weird looks on their way to class.

We walked through the glass doors and saw the secretary at her desk and a kid in a seat by the corner.

“You must be the new students,” the aging secretary remarked before either Devon or myself could say anything.

“Yeah, I guess we are,” I said.

“What are your names?”

“Jayden and Devon Baker,” I answered.

A minute later Devon and I had our schedules and locker information.

“Alright, so you both have every class together and your lockers are next to each other,” she said.

We thanked her and walked out of the office to our first period of the day which happened to be pre-calculus.

“God, we have math first?” Devon groaned.

“Well think of it this way. We only need four years of math so this is our last year to take it,” I said trying to brighten up the situation.

“True,” he remarked as we reached the math classroom.

We walked in and the teacher stopped talking.

“You must be Jayden and Devon,” she said with a smile.

Chatter came from behind us while the teacher, Mrs. Joyner, told us our seats. We ended up with the two back seats on the right side.

“Freak,” a girl whispered.

“Whore,” I said back.

I sat down in the chair while Devon was having trouble getting into his.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked.

“The desk is too small for me,” he said.

“Fat ass,” I said.

He hit his ankle against the metal leg trying to get comfortable causing me to laugh.

The school made a big mistake by putting Devon and I in classes together.

The bell rang above signaling that lunch was over. Devon and I got up from our table and started walking towards our next class which was Health. We easily found it and went up to the old lady sitting behind her desk, typing away on her computer.

“Excuse me?”

“Excuse you back away from my desk, you’re too close,” she snapped at me.

I raised an eyebrow at her and wondered why in the hell she was snapping at me. Even though I wanted to tell her off Devon and I backed up anyway.

“Now, what do you need?” she rudely asked.

“We’re new students and want to know where to sit,” I told her.

“Oh you’re Jayden and Devon Baker right?” she asked and flipped through some pages.

“Yeah,” Devon answered.

“Okay, you two go have a seat near Noah in the back of the classroom,” she said and pointed in the direction of where we were supposed to sit.

When her back was turned I gave her the middle finger and we went towards the back where a kid with brown hair sat. I took a seat next to him and Devon sat behind me. A few more kids came in and the bell rang. The teacher got up from her desk and stood at the front.

“Alright everyone,” she said.

The kids continued to talk above her and I saw her pick up a whistle from her desk. She blew it loudly and immediately the chatter among the students ceased.

“Alright everyone. The marriage project is due in about a month so get with your partners and continue working,” she said.

People started moving their desks together and went back to talking. Devon myself and the Noah kid just sat here not knowing what to do.

“Hey are you guys new?” he asked.

“Yeah, how’d you guess?” I sarcastically asked him.

“That was a stupid question wasn’t it?” he asked.

“Very,”

“I like you, I’m Noah,” he said and stood his hand out.

“Jayden,” I said and shook his hand.

“Devon,”

“So what are we doing?” I asked Noah.

“Oh, this stupid marriage project that we need to do to pass this class,” he shrugged.

“Oh okay. I guess we better ask her for help,”

Jayden and I got up and made our way towards the teacher’s desk. We didn’t get too close before she got mad at us again.

“Excuse me, we wanted to know what we we’re supposed to be doing,” Devon told her.

“Oh well as you know in order to pass Health class you need to complete a marriage project. Seeing as you two are the last ones to come in after partners were assigned, you two are husband and wife,” she explained and handed us a packet.

I flipped through and saw a page labeled ‘Kids’. A thought processed in my head and my face turned to disgust.

“We can’t be partners,” I said to the teacher loud enough that it caught a few kids attention.

“And why not Ms. Baker?” she asked.

“First of all it’s Jayden, and secondly we’re brother and sister,” I explained to the old bat sitting in front of me.

“It’s just a project, it’s not like you’re having getting married in real life or having kids together,”

“They probably will have kids together. I mean look at them, they’re a couple of freaks,” someone said.

I looked towards the students and saw a big bulky guy high five two other boys.

“Leave them alone Brad,” Noah piped up from the back.

“Mind your own business you fucking pansy,” he said to Noah.

“You two go sit down and work on your project,” the teacher scolded us.

“No! You want us to have kids for this project, real or not that’s fucking incest!” I yelled and slammed my hand on the desk.

I know this is just a project and I was probably over reacting but the thought of incest is plain disgusting.

“Go sit down now before I call security to escort you out of here,” she threatened.

“Fuck you,” I spat.

“Oh now she’s going after old ladies,” Brad commented from the back of me.

I turned on my heel and stalked over to Brad. I pulled him out of his seat and punched him in the nose.

“Hey you dumb freak,” one of Brad’s friends confronted me. His fist came up and another one came out of no where and punched him in his jaw. I looked to the side and saw that it was Devon who punched him.

The last one of Brad’s followers stood up and was getting ready to come after us but Noah turned him around. He may look scrawny but his punch looked like it caused damage to the other guy’s eye.

I felt arms wrap around my waist and felt myself being dragged away. I saw more officers dragging Devon, Noah, Brad, and his followers out along with me. Brad was close to me and I kick him in his shin.

All six of us were trying to get to each other but the grips of the security guards were tight. We finally made it to the office and were thrown in a couple of seats. I sat next to Devon who sat next to Noah and glared at Brad and his friends.

Zack was definitely not going to be happy about this news.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long update. =)
So, earlier I was on YouTube looking through A7X videos and I saw a video of Brian falling during a concert in Canada. I have a lot of love for Brian but the way he fell was hilarious! Lol
Poor Brian.