Status: Currently thinking up a Sequel!

About a Girl

Ask Yourself What Matters

I woke up to the smell of grease and not just any grease – bacon grease. I took in a big breath of it before I yawned it all back out. I stretched out comfortable, which for once I wasn’t surprised about since Alex forcibly gave me his bunk and took the couch. I went to rub my neck because it felt itchy; when I felt the coolness of pearls and I pulled on them.

It was a chain, or more specifically the chain of a necklace. I held it up and saw that in between all of the pearls there was an ice cream cone with a little dollop of pink ice cream on top of it. I smiled as I guessed that it stood for cotton candy and that it was from Alex.

Getting up, I went and got dressed in some random blue shirt and shorts that I found in the top of bags and then my Chucks. I played with my new necklace as I came out into the living room and the bacon smell got stronger; I saw that Jack and Rian were cooking pancakes and bacon. I looked around for Alex.

“He’s not here,” Rian said as he handed me a plate.

I looked down at the pancake and two pieces of bacon, “What? Where did he go?”

“Zack dragged him to Guitar Center an hour ago. They both needed new strings, I guess.” Jack added as he sat down next to me and dug into his food. Rian sat down on the other side of my and did the same. I sighed and picked up my pancake and took a bite out of it. It was delicious. These guys really knew how to cook.

Just then there was a knock at the door. I looked at both Zack and Rian. There had their faces stuff. I just laughed and went for the door. I think they mumbled a ‘thank you’ though the pancakes and the bacon.

“Hello-?” I looked around, there was no one in sight, but then I looked down on the ground and there laid a large black box. Hm, more presents from Alexander? I giggled to myself.

I went back to the living room where the guys had finished their food. I sat down on the floor and slipped the ribbons off and lifted the top off. There was a note on top of a lot of tissue paper; I opened it,

This is the first of my many attempts.
Tonight will be my second attempt in which I hope you’ll join me.
Meet my just outside the pavillion at nine o’clock sharp.
Wear this.
Love always, William


I was confused, that is until I pulled back the tissue paper and saw the most gorgeous, strapless, black and cream colored dress. I stood up and held it at its full length to see that is would fall just around my knees. There was more in the box; a pair of black tights, a pair of black velvet heels that were stunning and amazing to the touch and there was a clutch that matched the creamy color of the dress.

It looked as if William had thought of every little thing.

“Who brought you all of that? Not Alex, he wouldn’t go that far, not yet, anyways,” Jack asked.

Jack’s voiced crashed me back to the reality that was of the ATL bus, “Um, Bilvy got this for me…”

“He, what?” I looked towards the door of the bus where Alex stood just behind Zack. I quickly pushed the dress and everything back into the box and stuffed the lid back on top and jumped up to where Alex was standing. “What did Bilvy get you?”

Alex had put a lot of emphasis on Bilvy. I had actually called William that again? I had to have, or Alex wouldn’t have done that. “He bought me a dress and wants to meet me tonight.”

“Addie, can I talk to you in the back?” Alex gestured to the bunks and I followed him back.

Once we were safely behind a firmly closed door, Alex spoke up again.

“Addie, believe me when I say that I’m not telling you what to do because I know that won’t get me anywhere but; don’t go out with him tonight,” Alex was standing in front of me with a bag from, I’m assuming Guitar Center in his hand.

“And why not Alex?” I could feel that this could quickly turn into a fight and I surely wasn’t in the mood for that. I just wanted a nice simple answer as to why not that wouldn’t lead straight to a fight.

Alex sat down on the floor in between the bunks and I looked down at him. He sighed out and then looked up me, “You wanna know why not, Addie? Because if you do… Then I’ll never get my real chance with you.”

I didn’t know what to say because it was probably true. So I just stayed quite, and Alex stayed quite – for a while at least.

“Even though I’m going to regret this, I’m going to tell you to go because in the end you will anyways; if you’ll do me one favor…” I leaned up off the bunk and looked at Alex. He was now on his knees, face to face with me.

“And what’s that?”

“Kiss me.”

I knew in the long run that granting him his ‘favor’ would just hurt him and me too, but I couldn’t help it. Alex wanted it, and I wanted it; much too much at that moment to say no.

I leaned into Alex as he pressed his lips to mine and he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer and off of the bunk and onto the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been editing past chapters to include Addie's outfits
So go back to chapters like 14 & 25 ( those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head) and look.
Addie's Outfit