Status: Currently thinking up a Sequel!

About a Girl

You Know I'll Stay

I was woken up by a flight attendant sixteen hours later – telling me that it was time to get off of the plane; I tried to smile politely at her, but I didn’t really give two shits about her – all that was or had been on my mind was Alex and that was making me doubt what I doing here. But as I walked off of the plane and made my way in to the terminal, my mind refocused as I grabbed my bags and headed to outside to grab a taxi.

A bored looking driver asked me where I wanted to go, “Where to, Mademoiselle?”

Taking a piece of paper out of my pocket that had been there ever since I left the Big Island, I repeated the written words off of it, “46 rue Caulaincourt.”

The cab driver mumbled something about it being all the way over in Montmarte. I simply shrugged as his back as settled in for the ride – which lasted about half an hour. It was no different if I was at home in Lutherville-Timonium and went in to Baltimore, it would take about half an hour to do so. I was thinking about home, and whether or not Alex would come after me. I frowned thinking that, no, he probably wouldn’t and that our week old marriage
was doomed.

The cab stopped and I paid the driver. Getting out I looked at the apartment if front of me, it was a beautiful two story stone. My eyes were wide as I walked forwards and rung the doorbell. My nerves had my shaking as I waited for the door to open. I knew that Will might not want to see me – but I knew that I had to see him, alive and well. It might not make sense to Alex, or even to me really but Will was always a part of my life – ever since I was fourteen when the band started and he was always over at the house practicing will Adam and the rest of the guys, up until now which will probably be the last time I’ll ever see him.

Just as I thought this, the door opened wide and there stood a refreshed looking Will with a more than surprised look on his face. As soon as I saw him I dropped my bags where I stood and through my arms around his neck, “Will!”

Slowly but surely, Will draped his arms around my back and hugged me tight, “What are you doing here, Addie? How did you find me?”

I loosened my grip around his neck to where I was looking him in the face, “Well… I hired a private investigator to track you down and that obviously led me here.”

I completely let go of Will and took a good two steps back as I waited for him to speak. The only thing that was running through my mind was that Will didn’t want me here at all.

Will shook his head, “Come inside, Addie; we need to talk.”

Will grabbed one of my bags and I grabbed the other. I was amazed not only by how good Will looked after only a week and a half but by this amazing townhouse. It was very French – which meant small and spacious in different places. It had three bedrooms, a kitchen, a huge living room and dining area and a great view of the pastry shop next door.

“So, Will what do we need to talk about?” I asked as we sat down on the couch in the living room. It took a lot to actually rip my eyes away from studying the room and focus on William, but once my eyes settled on him they never moved. “Hm?”

“I don’t actually care that you found me,” He smiled that typical crooked smile of his that I loved. “But, I have to tell you that I’ve been lying to you – and I have to tell you why.”

My face screwed up and my mouth fell open just a bit, “What?”

Will closed his eyes and slowly breathed out for a moment before he spoke again, “I never was sick, Addie. I did all of this to try and let you be happy for a change.”

Will never was sick? What? Before I actually had time to process what Will had said, he had started to talk again, “Try to understand this, Addie; I was hoping that if you thought that I was sick and then dead maybe then you would just go off and marry Gaskank and have a few babies and just simply be happy. You can’t ever say you were happy with me.”

I thought about it as Will gave me time to think about what he just said; but he was wrong, there were times that I was happy with him. As I tried to recall the happy memories from a near previous lifetime – the doorbell rang. I looked from Will down the hall where the door would be.

“I’ll get it,” Will said as he stood and he disappeared down the hall to answer the door. A few minutes later I heard a scuffle and yells start from the doorway. I jumped up from my seat on the couch and ran down the hall where I saw Alex on top of Will punching him in the face.

“I don’t care if you’re sick and dying – I want my wife back!” He said this just as Will flipped him off and punched him straight in the nose. I heard a sickening crack just as I turned my face away. Looking back again, I saw blood start to trickle down from Alex’s nose and onto his black t-shirt. Will and Alex both raised their fists just as I yelled at them to stop,

“Quit it, both of you!”

Lowering their fists like schoolboys caught by the principal; Alex pinched his nose and walked forward towards me, “I do still love you.”

I giggled. Alex sounded so funny like he was high on helium. I nodded, “I love you too, Alex – but me and Will need to finish talking.”

I nodded over at Will who was rubbing his jaw – he shook his head at me and then said, “Why? Addie, you’re married to this buffoon who loves you enough to come all the way here to beat me up and tell me that he wants you back and isn’t me telling you that I lied to you for months enough? Addie just go and be happy.”

Will then walked past me and left Alex and I standing there in the hallway with the door still standing wide open.

Alex patted his nose with his shirt as the blood stopped flowing. I blinked as I let all of the information seep in to my mind and stay there. I was done with Will, at least in any romantic way. But as I looked at the man who still stood in front of me, and had vowed to always there (only beside me) – I realized that in the long run Alex had been my only choice all along. From the first day on tour, up until today when he actually fought for me even though he didn’t really have to – Alex has brought so much happiness to my life. And I really wish that I would have realized all of this sooner because it would have saved so much time.

I took Alex’s hand, “Come on, let’s go home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't bite my head off if this isn't the ending you wanted.
This is simply the ending I wrote.
I will tell you - IF YOU ARE STILL READING, there will be a sequel.
And yes, Bilvy will be in it.
=]